Sick

Lexie laid across the sofa in the residence room. Her head was pounding, it felt as if her brain was pulsating out of her head, her throat was burning, her stomach felt as if it were knitting and tangling together and every inch of her body ached. It felt impossible for her to even move a muscle . She felt so sick, however despite it being the end of the day Meredith got pulled into a surgery so she couldn't go home yet. So she just laid there, hopeless.

"Hey are you ok ?" George asked as he walked in seeing Lexie just laying there whilst he headed to his locker.

"I'm waiting for Meredith to finish surgery so we can go home". Lexie then proceeded to lift her arm and place it over her eyes and head in hopes it would help with her severe headache.

"Why don't you go to the on call room? Wouldn't that be much comfier?" He proposed.

"Meredith won't know I am there and I don't want her looking around for me or thinking I've just taken a cab" she mumbled. " I just want to go home and get into bed and sleep for the next week".

"Isn't it a bit early ? I mean no offense but it's only 5:00, even for you that seems to early"

"I feel like absolute crap" she groaned

George grabbed all his bags before walking over her and observing her "you look terrible" as he tilted his head "like legitimate crap".

"Thanks" she replied in a sarcastic way.

"Seriously you need to go home, I can see your burning up, your face is red"

"I'm going to as soon as Meredith blesses me with her presence, she was supposed to already be off but she got called into a surgery last minute, hopefully she'll finish up soon".

With that George placed all his bags down and proceeded to walk "don't move"

"I wasn't planning on it"

Finally Meredith had finished her surgery, she proceeded to make her way down to the lounge to get her stuff. Her feet ached from standing up for so long and she couldn't wait to sit on the couch and watch something on the tv with a pizza.

"Meredith !" George shouted from the hallway as he approached her walking back towards the lounge. They paused for a minute whilst he handed her a paper bag. Inside was some advil, Tylenol, pepto, paedialyte in every flavor that was there and a few emesis bags.

Meredith looked up in confusion "why do I need flu products?"

"Just walk into the lounge and take her home" he said whilst he gestured into the lounge. "And before she spreads  whatever that is around the hospital like a plague".

Meredith walked in half expecting to see Christina in some state of crisis, however no it was Lexie the one person that didn't even cross her mind. She thought back, she was a bit quiet in the car on the way here this morning but she just thought it was due to the fact that they were running late, she was tired and hadn't fixed herself any breakfast.

"She's all yours" George said as he picked up all his bags for the second time and left to go home.

"Come lex let's go home"

However she was met with silence, with that she looked down to see her sister had fallen asleep. Her skin was almost transparent, her cheeks were super flushed and she could feel the heat radiating of her head before Meredith's hand even touched her.

"Lexie" Meredith called a little louder, still no answer. "Lex I really need you to wake up now" as she gently nudged her sister.

"Yay, Meredith your finally here" she said in the most enthusiastic voice she could manage which wasn't much at this moment. "Can we go home now...please I just want to go to bed".