Just When You Think You Knew Everything...

You were in a decent golden yellow cab with a dark leathered interior that glowed under the dim rays that beamed out of the street lights of Manhattan, on your way to Colton's apartment for dinner and also to simply spend some quality time with your long term boyfriend. Your job as Trauma surgeon, as well as Colton's acting career took a heavy toll on the relationship. With Colton being highly demanded by several film and television producers, and the constantly chaos filled Emergency Room of severely injured casualties at Bellevue Hospital Centre, the two of you just couldn't seem to find the time to be with each other anymore. Dates after dates have been cancelled repeatedly due to one or even both of you being spontaneously summoned to work. It was indeed a struggle, but one you both were capable of dealing with. This time you prayed for things to pan out differently. Just as a precaution, you managed to talk your colleague at the hospital to cover for your rare absence and Colton had his manager clear his schedule for the rest of the evening. Tonight's mission was to simply reconnect with one another once more, face to face, body to body. No more long distance phone calls and no more video chatting. Tonight you desired nothing more than to wrap your arms around his well-built muscular figure and rest your head lightly against his chest and absorb the warmth his heavenly body radiated, with no sound in the surrounding atmosphere but the drumming of his heart rapidly pumping the blood through his veins and his even breathing. Nothing was going to get in the way of you being with Colton tonight, and with that thought a grin appeared on your round freckled face, stretched from ear to ear. You finally arrived at your destination, eager to be with him physically and to just have him in your line of sight and in your arms once again. You quickly paid the pleasant driver your fee and headed immediately into the vast towering well-kept building that stood before you.

You were dressed in a short sleeved jungle red dress which framed your olive coloured figure perfectly, and cut off half way above your thighs and left your flawlessly skinned back exposed. You wore black stilettos that made your calves and your rear end seem more defined and stand out more, and bright red lipstick that complimented your attire. You arrived at his apartment and just as you were about to ring the bell, the door swings wide open.

"W-wow..." Colton managed to utter, followed by a sharp intake of breath. He looked absolutely stunned by your grace and beauty. His faint blue eyes travelled up and down your petite and slim body. His thin, light pink, soft lips curled at the sides, bringing out a bright and pleasant smile. He stood very much rooted to the ground under the doorway, in much shock and awe. He was dressed in black jeans that fitted his lower body snuggly and printed the shape of his well-rounded and firm butt, dark suede shoes, as well as a pure white shirt, coupled with a light grey cardigan that was buttoned half way from the bottom. You thought he looked immensely adorable, however, suddenly you felt insecure and overdressed for the occasion.

"Too much?" You asked as you faced the floor and fiddled with your dress in an attempt to make it longer.

He used one hand to hold yours and the other to guide your face to his so that he can give you a delicate kiss upon your lips. Your heart rate increased significantly. He broke away to stare into your hazel brown eyes and said, "No. You're absolutely perfect." A huge smile appeared on your face, you had waited for this night to come for much too long. He took your hand that he was currently holding on to and directed you into his home.

Your eyes wandered about the place, admiring his taste in furniture and sense of home decorating. It was a one bedroom apartment with a well-furnished kitchen, a dining area, 2 bathrooms and a modernized living room. It was situated on the 10th floor of the building, so there was a balcony overlooking the city. You stood outside leaning against the railing while Colton finished preparing dinner. You stared at the breath taking view of the glimmering city lights against the black matted sky and felt the cool winds brush past your body and blew your hair to the left. The cool breeze tickled your spine and made you shudder. Little did you know that Colton snuck up right behind you. He wrapped his muscular arms around your waist and placed his head above your right shoulder. A warm fuzzy feeling brewed in your chest and then spread to your abdomen. His very touch sent jolts of electricity coursing through your veins. Slowly and gently, he planted kisses along your neck. Each one longer than the last. Each one causing your heart to race more and more. You could practically feel it pounding against your rib cage, so hard you could hear it drumming in your ears. Your breaths quickened and your hands began to tremble. "Dinner's ready..." he whispered in your ears sensually, his voice trailed off, leaving your knees weak. Never have you longed to jump someone's bones this way. You felt his fresh breath on your skin. You even smelled his cologne and it drew you even closer to him. Your desire for him intensified in every second that passed, every second he spent near you. With that feeling boiling within you, you decided to forget about the food and forget about the view. You bit down on your lower lip in a last attempt to resist the urge, but when something felt this good, could it really be such a terrible thing? Then, he began to nibble the lobe of your ear. Finally, you spun around and shoved him against the wall, with more force than you intended to.