The curtains 2

We all sat around the table in our usual spaces and i had Nellie next to me. Adam picked up three knives that laid next to his plate.

"Are we having a stabbing party or something?" Adam questioned.

"Have a guess who set the table." Jackie replied.

"hm?" Martin looked up confused.

"Theres quite alot of knives here dad."

"yes we were going to murder your mother after dinner remember." Martin and Nellie laughed and i had to hide my smile as Jackie and the boys looked up at him with fed up expressions.

"so you going to tell me why she couldn't come tonight." Jackie changed the conversation turning towards Jonny. I looked down at my meal as that funny feeling crept inside my chest. Still can't figure out whats up its not like i like him that much. Its not like Allison is real either, right?

"what?" Jonny looked up. "Ohh she's very tired."

"She's tired?" Jackie said clearly unconvinced.

"Who's tired?" Adam asked.

"Allison." Jackie replied.

"ohh your pretend girlfriend." Adam said.

"no she really wanted to meet you and everything shes just abit exhausted at the moment."

"Three times a night with simon." i butted in. Adam laughed and reached his hand across the table to high five me.

"that's really funny." Jonny said annoyed. I smiled at him sarcastically and went back to eating.

"You know Jonny, i must have invited that girl for friday night dinner about nine times now." Jackie said.

"its not nine times." Jonny replied. It definitely was.

"Its atleast nine, when are we gonna meet her." Jackie questioned looking disappointed.

"Never gonna happen.... exuse me." Adam fake coughed. I bit my lip trying not to smile.

"What are you talking about." Nellie looked up confused.

"Jonny's girlfriend." Jackie told her. i looked at Adam with a confused smirk as he switched Jonny's glass with one on the floor. He brung his finger to his lips signalling me to not say anything.

"Is she pregnant?" My eyes widened at Grandma's question.

"no mum."

Jonny brung the glass up to his lips to take a sip. I looked to Adam then back ti Jonny as he spat the drink out.

"Err you bastard."

"Not bloody salt again." Martin said.

"Its not salt its gin." Jonny said.

"Gin?!" Jackie exclaimed.

"Skill." Adam sung as Jonny punched him on the arm.

"ooo gin can i have some?" Grandma asked.

"No mum not with your beef, enough now alright." Jackie looked to Martin waiting for him to say something.

"Yeah and don't waste gin, its your mothers for when she's depressed remember." Jackie stared at Martin wide eyed. He wasn't wrong to be fair.

Suddenly the doorbell rang and both boys raced up to get it. Jonny grabbed my arm to come with them and as he did Nellie spilt her dinner down her.

The boys opened to the door to reveal Jim. I bent down to stroke the dog that sat peacefully beside Jim zoning out of the conversation."