''Hi, Bruce.'' Natasha says, never once blinking as she inspects him closely.

A silence takes over and for a moment, Bruce and Natasha simply look each other in the eyes.

''Nat.'' He nods.

The tension's thick, Steve's eyes flickering between them. Though he's still in shock Bruce is back, so he doesn't acknowledge it much.

''This is awkward.''

⭑ ⭑ ⭑

''I am Groot

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

''I am Groot.''

''Tinkle in the cup. We're not looking, what's there to see? What's a twig? Everybody's seen a twig before.'' Rocket replies.

''I am Groot!''

''Pour what's in the cup out into space.'' Thor replies with a sigh.

''I am Groot!''

''Then pour it into space and go in the cup again!'' Freya says.

''You two speak Groot?'' Rocket asks, looking back from the steering wheel.

''Yes, they taught it on Asgard. It was an elective.'' Thor replies.

The Goddess' face slightly shift, thinning back to the time she had said those exact words to Steve.

Saturday night. Date night. Because that's what he promised right before going into the ice.

''So, dead brother, huh?''

Freya and Thor look up from their lap, both seated next to each other in the back of the ship.

''Yeah, that could be annoying.'' Rocket says as he walks towards them.

''Well, he's been dead before.'' Thor softly shrugs, making his sister crack a smile.

''But this time I think it might really be true.'' Freya adds.

''Yeah.. and you said you're- uh- sister and dad?'' The Raccoon hesitantly asks.

''Both dead.'' The God of Thunder shakes his head.

''But still got a mom, though?'' He asks.

''Killed by a dark elf.'' The Goddess of Love and War deadpans.

''A best friend?''

''Stabbed through the heart.''

Freya stays quiet, because her best friend is alive. Though she loved Heimdall very dearly, her best friend might be Steve. Or Thor.

''You guys are sure you're up to this particular murder mission?'' Rocket hesitantly asks.

The Royal siblings share a glance, before both of them awkwardly chuckle.

''Absolutely.''

''Okay, but.. this Thanos we're talking about, he's the toughest there is.'' The Raccoon replies.

FOREVER • S.ROGERS जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें