CHAPTER XXIV - WHAT IS PHASE 2? PT.2 (ARE YOU ABOVE OR BELOW ANGRY BEES?)

April 2012. 08:50. S.H.I.E.L.D's Helicarrier. Somewhere in the sky.

Third Person POV

Tony was sitting on top of the table and Bruce stood up behind him, the big screen in front of Tony was now showing a file with the name "Phase 2".

-What is "Phase 2"?.- Tony asked, and just as he finished, Sophia and Steve were walking inside the room.

Steve slammed the weapon he had taken on the table, the sound making everyone turn their heads to the two people who had just arrived.

-Phase 2 is S.H.I.E.L.D uses the Cube to make weapons.- Steve says harshly at Tony and he raises his eyebrows. Turning to look at his sister, Sophia shrugs.

-Sorry, computer was moving a little slow for him.- Sophia says sarcastically as she crosses her arms above her chest, sending a glare towards Nick. One he feels piercing through his skin.

-Rogers, we gathered everything related to the Tesseract. This does not mean...- Nick started saying, but before he could continue, Tony interrupted him.

-I'm sorry, Nick. What were you lying?.- He asked as he turned the screen towards the man so he could see his plans being uncovered.

Sophia's breath caught on her throat and she turned to look at Nick with wide eyes. Shaking her head, she let out a breathy humourless laugh.

-I was wrong, Director. The world hasn't changed a bit.- Steve said as Sophia walked to stand beside her brother. As she turned, she saw Natasha and Thor walking through the other door. She looked at her best friend, but Natasha avoided her eyes. Sophia's heart sank a little.

-Did you know about this?.- Bruce asked as he watched the redheaded woman walk inside the room.

-You want to think about removing yourself from this environment, Doctor?.- Natasha asked as she eyed Bruce carefully.

Sophia knew what she had said in the comms. That Loki's target had always been unleashing the Hulk, which meant that they all had to be cautious in case anything went sideways.

-I was in Calcutta. I was pretty well removed.- Bruised said, letting out a breathy laugh as he walked to the other side of the table.

-Loki is manipulating you.- Natasha said as she took a couple of steps to the front.

Well this is rich, coming from the person who manipulated the man into coming here in the first place, Sophia thought.

At the thought, Sophia shook her head slightly. Why would she think that about her friend?

-And you've been doing what, exactly?.- Bruce retorted and if it wasn't for the situation, Sophia would've made a remark about the tension building between them.

-You didn't come here because I bat my eyelashes at you.- Natasha stated and Sophia scoffed.

-Of course you did.- The words escaped Sophia's mouth before she could process them, but before anyone said anything else, Bruce kept talking.

-Yes, and I'm not leaving because suddenly you get a little twitchy.- Bruce said and Sophia almost applauded the man. -I'd like to know why S.H.I.E.L.D is using the Tesseract to create weapons of mass destruction.- Bruce said as he pointed to the screen with his glasses in his hand.

A couple of seconds followed in silence, before Nick spoke again. Lifting his left arm, he pointed at Thor. -Because of him.- He stated, and Sophia furrowed her eyebrows.