Chapter 5: Am I Interrupting?

This chapters songs are Remember When by Wallows, Would You Mind by  Friday Pilots Club, WHAT WOULD YOU DO? (feat. Pink Sweat$) by HONNE

"Butters?" Devyn hummed in thought in the reflection of the mirror as you put lip balm on, "like the South Park character?"

You considered this for a moment, "more like buttery soft I think."

"And he asked if you liked cats? Like it was a test?" She repeated with her eyebrows furrowed in question.

"Yup," You nodded, "I passed."

"Well, keep your phone location on in case you get murdered," she teased and you rolled your eyes.

"We're  in a city filled with people, and we'll be in public, what's the worst  that could happen?" Your voice was thick with sarcasm. Devyn scoffed a  laugh in reply.

Your eyes landed on the stack of blueberry  pancakes in the corner of your eyes. Suddenly you weren't sure why but  you were nervous. You fidgeted with your hands wondering what was so  different about tonight.

"Fake date jitters?" Devyn asked with a sly smile.

You sighed defeated, "maybe if I keep telling myself that I'll actually believe it."

"What's so bad about letting yourself go and falling into this?" She asked and you looked down at your feet suddenly nervous.

Maybe she was right. Maybe it wasn't too good to be true. Maybe the signs were there and I was second guessing myself .

"What am I supposed to do?" You blurted.

"Go on the date and enjoy it. Let it go where it takes you." She smiled.

So  that's what you were going to try to do. Yet when Devyn opened the door  to her room after wishing you luck, your heart started pounding. The  silence hummed in your ear drums as your eyes hovered the door.

Your mind felt like it was being torn into two pieces. It was only acting. He was acting. Then why did my heart feel this way? I can't tell what's real anymore.

   Knock, knock, knock. 

The shadow underneath the door seemed to flicker as your eyes watched it.

You  swallowed the lump in your throat as you went to the door, opening it  to see him standing there in front of you. He was leaning against the  door frame with a dramatic cocky smile, one you recognized from an  interview he did when Avatar the way of water had come into theaters  when he joked about being a man.

"How you doing?" He tried to keep a straight face but he melted into a chuckle.

You couldn't hold back your giggle, "I'm... good. Afraid but good."

Today  he wore a pale salmon colored hoodie but you could still catch a  glimpse of the metal chain he always wore while not filming. You tried  not to stare as it caught your eyes, you did your best to make it as  natural as possible. You couldn't help it, the guy was attractive.

"Afraid? What, like we're in a horror movie? Like you're standing next to a serial killer?" He wiggled his eyebrows.

You rolled your eyes as you shooed him back "come on, you promised me a surprise."

"That I did." He proclaimed as he walked next to you.

He  seemed both energetic and nervous at the same time as he walked down  the hall next to you. A small smirk grew on your lips as you entered the  elevator.

"What?" He laughed, noticing your smile.

"Nothing," you say nonchalantly leaning over him pressing the lobby button.