Down the Rabbit Hole

So uhhhh here's the first actual story in this book! Featuring the blorbo himself, Epsilon!! Ohh yikes am I sure nervous about publishing this lol, I feel like my writing skills are a bit rusty. Hopefully it'll get better in the next chapters though!

Also just letting y'all know beforehand that I don't know a whole lot about parkour aside from like Minecraft n stuff. I just thought it'd be something that Epsilon would enjoy cause, I mean, he is literally standing vertically on the side of a fuckin skyscraper in the MV.

 I just thought it'd be something that Epsilon would enjoy cause, I mean, he is literally standing vertically on the side of a fuckin skyscraper in the MV

This is literally Epsilon for most of the MV, like he's got Goat Simulator physics in his blood

Alright I should probably stop rambling now uhhhmhnhmm-

~

Even with all the colorful lights and bustling crowds, Cyberfunk was still a place of solace for some people.

Underneath a dark night sky, a soft breeze drifted past the many towering structures of the city. Standing atop the edge of a particularly tall building was a lone hooded man, gazing down at the lively streets below him. Despite being at such a high elevation, he showed no signs of fear, or even mild anxiousness. Almost as if this was a normal thing for him.

As he put his earbuds in, he made sure to adjust the mask shielding his whole face. He slowly backed up in order to get a better look at the surroundings at his level, observing each and every ledge and railing with caution. "Which route should I take tonight?" he was most likely asking himself. To most people, the mere thought of doing such extreme parkour would be more than enough to make them sick. But he'd conquered this fear long ago, and now enjoyed the thrill of the risky activity.

This late spring night in particular was perfect. The air wasn't too hot so that he wouldn't grow tired too quickly, but also not too cold so he could move more freely. A fine balance between the two. Such a night was nothing short of calming. It mixed well with the otherwise vibrant atmosphere.

Having made up his mind, he got into a starting position and took a deep breath. With both his body and his music prepared, he gazed out at the horizon with nothing but pure courage. After all, it's always best to start off with a bang, right? Effortlessly, the masked man charged across the solid surface of the roof and took a leap of faith through the energetic skies of Cyberfunk.

For the most part, Epsilon wasn't the most confident of people. Sure, he was definitely more outgoing when around his friends, but for the most part, he wasn't the type to put himself out there for all to see on a whim. He preferred to let others take the spotlight.

But one thing about himself that he could say he was proud of was his parkour abilities. Efficiently jumping from one tall building to another, keeping his balance and focus in check at all times, even being able to perform breathtaking wall runs without seeming to break a sweat. No one could deny that his skill was something to be admired. Some even believed it was magic.

Not only was it something that Epsilon took pride in, but it was also a method of calming his nerves whenever he needed to clear his mind, or to just distract himself from anything that happened to be bothering him. One might find it baffling that something so dangerous could be relaxing to someone, but Epsilon couldn't help but feel at ease. The wind rushing against him, his music drowning out any outside noise around him, the adrenaline rush he got after each and every jump... it was simply enchanting.

He practically glided through the maze-like layout of the lively city, like a bird that had just been set free from its cage for the first time. Epsilon was unstoppable now, no longer bound by his insecurities. Even with his heart racing, this was true bliss for him. Every wave of adrenaline motivated him to keep on going further, to let himself loose. To let all his worries just... melt away.

Although Epsilon never really stopped to take a look at his surroundings during his stunts, he occasionally caught a glimpse of a familiar face on the glowing billboards, like an advertisement for an upcoming movie starring the one and only Whitney Garza. People whose faces were known all throughout the Danceverses. People that Epsilon could never compare himself to. But as he was suspended in mid-air, elevated hundreds of feet above the rest of the world, he swore he could feel a spark of their confidence resonating within his very soul.

Though, on this particular night, confidence wasn't the only thing resonating in him.

As he leaped from rooftops and railings, a strange... aura began to form in the surrounding area. For a while, Epsilon didn't even realize its presence. Partially because his focus was solely on making sure he was landing safely and keeping up his momentum, but also because the aura started off rather weak. But as he pressed on, it grew stronger and stronger until Epsilon eventually noticed the odd feeling. A feeling that can't easily be described; as if the air itself was becoming tense.

Although the feeling was unknown to him, Epsilon decided that it would probably be best if he made his way to safe ground soon. After all, such a sensation could be a signal for an approaching disaster. That most likely wasn't actually the case, but it was best to be safe nonetheless. Epsilon had already located a flat roof as a landing spot anyway. He could easily make his way back down to surface level once he landed.

But as he made that final jump, it was as if the whole world began moving in slow motion. The fluorescent lights and colors surrounding him seemed to mix and melt into each other, creating a dizzying yet mystical sight. One could easily think it was some kind of illusion, a trick played on the mind.

But Epsilon quickly realized that this was no illusion, as the open space in front of him began to suddenly crack and open up to reveal a blinding white light. That same aura that had been growing in intensity over time was now at its strongest, pounding at his head and sending pulsating waves of numbness through his whole body.

A sensation of nausea overtook him as he drew closer to the strange light, which eventually revealed itself to be an entire portal manifesting right where Epsilon was supposed to land. He had no time to try and redirect without falling and inevitably injuring himself, or worse. The last thing he managed to do was mutter in a low voice "God damn it..." as he plunged directly into the mysterious gateway of light in front of him, sent off into a completely unfamiliar land...

~

Oooooohhhohohhhoh looks like Epsilon got caught in the Over-Flow Phenomenon! Where's he gonna end up? Which coach is he gonna end up meeting?? It's... probably very obvious by the title of the chapter buuuuut whatever I guess lmao