Onward to Freedom

Começar do início

Seeking faith and speaking words I never thought I'd say...Both women came to Moses who smiled as he romantically took Tzipporah's hand.

"Well, what're we waiting for?! Let's go before he changes his mind!" Krishna said.

"I'm with you, Krish! Let's get going!" Jamie agreed.

"Ready, sweet?" Sweeney asked me.

"Ready when you are!" I giggled.

There can be miracles when you believe
Though hope is frail
It's hard to kill
Who knows what miracle you can achieve
When you believe somehow you will
You will when you believe...I sang with Miriam, Tzipporah, and Rani as Moses led his people out of Egypt.

A-shi-ra l'a-don-ai. Ki ga-oh ga-ah. A-shi-ra l'a-don-ai. Ki ga-oh ga-ah. Mi-cha-mo-cha ba-elim adonai. Mi-ka-mo-cha. Ne-dar ba-ko-desh. We heard a child singing in Hebrew and we all joined in; my cousins and me with the other children.

Na-chi-tah v'-chas-d'-cha. Am zu ga-al-ta. Na-chi-tah v'-chas-d'-cha. Am zu ga-al-ta. A-shi-ra, a-shi-ra a-shi-ra. A lot of the other kids came out of hiding from their parents' robes, laughed and played. Moses joined in on the fun and let some kids hang on his staff.

A-shi-ra l'a-don-ai ki ga-oh ga-ah. A-shi-ra l'a-don-ai ki ga-oh ga-ah. Mi-cha-mo-cha ba-elim adonai. Mi-ka-mo-cha ne-dar ba-ko-desh. Na-chi-tah v'-chas-d'-cha am zu ga-al-ta. Na-chi-tah v'-chas-d'-cha am zu ga-al-ta! A-shi-ra, a-shi-ra! A-shi-ra! We all sang.

Onward to freedom! We all sang with joy and laughter.

There can be miracles when you believe
Though hope is frail
It's hard to kill
Who knows what miracle you can achieve
When you believe somehow you will (Now you will)
You will when you believe

You will...Joshua sang.

You will when you...Tzipporah and Miriam sang out harmonizing.

Believe! All three of them chorused.

Soon, all of Egypt was left behind, and in front of us was an ocean with the sunrise. Our eyes widened in awe of what was in front of us.

"YOOO!!!! Look at the ocean! It's HUGE!!" Krishna yowled in awe.

"Whoa! It's even bigger than the Nile!" I mentioned.

"Wow! It's so pretty!" Kim observed.

"Oh, wow! What a sight!" Jamie looked too and she was amazed.

"It reminds me of back home when I was a mermaid!" Ariel was in awe too.

"Daddy?! What ocean is that?" Rani asked Uncle Joshua.

"That, meree betee, is the Red Sea." Uncle Joshua explained.

We stopped by the banks of the Red Sea to recover and rest. We all talked, laughed, played with each other and kept each other entertained.

"So, what happens next?" Krishna asked curiously.

"I dunno. The real question is how are we going to cross the Red Sea? We still have a ways to go." I asked and mentioned.

"We'll figure something out. Besides, it's not like Rameses is gonna follow us and try to take us back." Jamie assured.

Suddenly, we heard the sound of the shofar, which is a ram's horn in the Jewish traditions. We all looked behind us, and there was Rameses with his whole army of soldiers!