Chapter 7: Dating Advice

——————————🏴‍☠️——————————

It was nighttime now, and Carina was sitting on a crate at the front of the ship looking up at the stars, and drawing in her diary. She briefly paused what she was doing to glance back at Ronan who was standing at the back of the ship with Henry looking through his spyglass.

...

Ronan lowered the spyglass from his face and clicked it closed, causing Jack, who was asleep near them, to jump up in fear.

"Spaghetti wolf!" He gasped.

"Sorry dad. Didn't mean to wake you." Ronan said.

Jack waved him off. "No worries son."

Henry rolled his eyes. "Why did I bother coming to you? The dead are hunting us down, and you do nothing."

"Nothing! You call this nothing?" Jack asked, gesturing to the area where he was napping.

"You're drunk! And you're sleeping."

"My point exactly. I'm doing two things at once." He slurred, standing up. "You can't save the unsaveable, mate."

Henry reached over to a small barrel filled with swords and pulled one out, pointing it at Jack. "Like it or not Jack, you're going to help me."

Ronan pulled out his own sword and pointed it at Henry. "I wouldn't do that if I were you, mate." He warned.

"I will break my father's curse." Henry declared.

Jack pulled out his pistol and pointed it at Henry, cocking it. "Next time your raise a sword, boy..."

"Be the last to die." Ronan finished.

"That's right son." Jack praised.

Henry sighed and out the sped back, causing Ronan to put his own back in his belt. Seeing that Henry was no longer threatening his father, he faced the wheel and paused when he saw Carina sitting at the front of the ship, looking through her diary.

Jack looked at his son, and smirked. "Oh. Might I suggest you entice her with a bit of flattery, son?"

Ronan tried to play dumb. "What? Who?"

Jack laughed. "I knew it. Absolutely smitten with her. Now, a bit of discretion when courting a brunette, never pursue her sister. But if you cannot avoid the charm of her sister, kill the brother. Savvy?"

Ronan looked at him as if he had lost his mind. "No, dad. I do not Savvy."

Jack looked at him in disbelief. "Who hurt you? By the way, that little sliver of knowledge will cost you five pieces."

Ronan scoffed. "I'm not paying you for that."

Jack immediately shook his head. "Never say that to a woman."

Ronan rolled his eyes and walked off to go talk to Carina, passing his mother who came up to Jack and Henry.

"Hello. What are you boys talking about?" She asked.