25 | he's good to her, she wants it more than everything in between

शुरू से प्रारंभ करें:

Mary Jane placed her hands on her shoulders, looking at her seriously. "Listen. You're going to go out there into that fucking stadium on that big ass stage, you're going to sing your absolute heart out, and you're going to kill it." Her voice dropped quieter — something more personal. "I'm so proud of you, Luna."

Luna stared at her. "You're going to make me cry, MJ. I'm not really sure if I want to do that before going on stage."

"You're right, my bad. We'll cry later." Mary Jane then shook her a little. "But seriously, look at you. You've made it. Come on, say it."

Luna rolled her eyes playfully. "MJ."

"Say it."

"I fucking did it. I made it."

"There it is," Mary Jane responded. She then pulled Luna into a tight hug. "Good luck, Lunes. You've got this."

Luna pulled away and nodded. She put her in-ears on and followed the staff out onto the main stage, her mind going over lyrics, blissfully unaware of what was happening behind her.

Mary Jane waited for a moment. "You can come out."

Noah rounded the corner from where he had been hiding. It had taken a lot of time and strategic decisions, with a lot of help from Taylor's staff and a little bit from Taylor herself, but they had managed to get him backstage without Luna knowing.

Come on. Nobody really thought he actually wouldn't be there, did they?

"She didn't suspect anything?" Noah asked.

"Not at all," Mary Jane confirmed. "She just wants you to be here, which you are, but she doesn't know. This surprise is going to go crazy." She elbowed his side. "We should get to the VIP tent quick while she's still backstage."

Noah followed her out with a security guard, ready to see his girl shine.

Luna was the first opener to go on, so when the behind the scenes ended on the huge screens ended, she knew it was time. She let out a deep breath and walked out onto the stage, her band right behind her. Instantly, the screens behind her and above her popped up, showing her coming out with her name right below it. Luna stared up at it in awe for a moment as she stopped by her microphone. Never had she ever seen her name be that big before.

Luna couldn't dwell on it long, however, because the music with the click track came on in her in-ears. She was so fucking nervous, and she knew her voice would probably show it, but she would give it her all nonetheless. Luna placed one hand on top of her microphone, shutting her eyes for a second and just pretended she was back in her bedroom.

"Twenty-fourth street, where you held me, grabbed my arm," Luna sang. She opened her eyes again, only to see people already jumping and singing along. "What a mental fire alarm . . ."

Slowly, over the course of the song, she could feel her confidence growing. She managed to take the microphone out of the stand and walk around — not fully, because that stage was huge, but she adventured down the ramp part. Where Do We Go Now? then faded into 21, which was probably her most recognized song. (Didn't do the sorry part, though, in fear that nobody would know what it was. She would get there eventually, maybe.)

𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐁𝐄𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐆 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐌𝐄  ―  foolish_gamers  ✓जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें