4 | two hearts just falling in and out of love for something new

───────── ➶ ⁺ ➴ ─────────

𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗕𝗘𝗟𝗢𝗡𝗚 𝗪𝗜𝗧𝗛 𝗠𝗘

CHAPTER FOURvideo games, you pass me a note

CHAPTER FOUR
video games, you pass me a note

───────── ➶ ⁺ ➴ ─────────

REAL LIFE

IT WAS SEVEN in the morning when Luna heard the front door to her house open.

As expected, she hadn't fallen asleep at all. From the hours of about three to seven, she had sat in the same spot on the couch, strumming her guitar and writing new lyrics to the song idea she had. I know it won't work, fully inspired by what she had seen earlier with Foolish and Mary Jane, was completely done. All she had to do was record it, because she had a feeling that this wasn't a song that she would lock away in her drawer for no one to see. Of course she had to ask the two if it would be okay for her to actually release it, but considering it was one of the completely finished songs for the album she was working on, that could wait.

She had kept her eyes on her phone, waiting for the screen to light up. Mary Jane had finally texted her at six that she was on her way back from wherever the fuck she had gone, but other than that, there had been nothing. There were no messages from Karl either, so Mary Jane hadn't texted him anything, apparently.

The house had also been quiet — well, besides the quiet strumming of Luna's guitar. That's why Luna's head immediately snapped up when the sound of the door opening echoed throughout the room. Mary Jane emerged from the other side, closing it behind her. Her hair looked windswept, and from both the light from the living room and the sun peeking through the windows, Luna could see her eyes were still red and tired.

"Oh, thank God," Luna let out. She stood up from the couch and rushed over to Mary Jane, opening her arms. "I was so worried."

Mary Jane sunk into Luna's embrace, wrapping her arms around her tightly. "I'm okay." She moved a little closer to her, her voice sad. "I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry, Lunes, I just freaked out, and I didn't know what to do, and—"

"Hey, hey, hey, it's okay," Luna cut in, her voice gentle. She ran her hand up and down Mary Jane's back comfortingly. "Where'd you go?"

"The beach. It was really the only place where I felt like I could clear my head. The sunrise helped."

"I'm glad." Luna pulled away from her slightly to look at Mary Jane's face and frowned slightly from the dark circles under her eyes. "You should get some sleep, MJ."