16 | even at their worst, they know they'll still be okay

Start from the beginning

After drying her hair, Luna tied it back into into a low ponytail — of course with her bangs framing her face — and put a red bow on it. She then opened up the Twitch app on her phone and saw that Foolish wasn't live anymore. Slipping her phone into her back pocket, Luna let out a deep breath and looked at her reflection in the mirror, smoothing down her shirt with shaky hands.

It was now or never, right?

"I'm leaving, MJ," Luna called as she left the bathroom, heading down the stairs. "You know where I'll be . . . unless everything goes wrong."

"Nothing will go wrong," Mary Jane reassured her from her spot on the couch, eating a pint of ice cream. "Everything's gonna be fine. Have faith."

Luna nodded. "Got it. See you."

"Bye, Princess. Good luck."

Luna left her house, shutting her front door behind her. She crossed over her front yard — the very same path that she had taken so many times, including the one where she had run away from Foolish crying last night — and walked up his steps. Luna stopped at his front door, staring at it for a moment and letting out another deep breath.

She could do this. She had to do this.

Luna reached up and knocked thrice. She then lowered her hands and clasped them behind her back. Her heart raced rapidly against her chest as she stood there in the chilly air of October, waiting for the boy on the other side of the door.

It was only a couple moments later when the door opened, letting the warm light from inside spill out onto Luna. Foolish stood there, almost like he had been expecting her to show up — which, she did run away from him, so he probably wanted an explanation. He was wearing the same outfit as yesterday, which was a backwards hat and black and red shark hoodie. Luna's eyes trailed across his face for a moment. He looked tired, and the rims of his eyes were a little red. It could've just been from staring at his computer, but Luna knew it was probably from something different.

"Hi," Luna breathed out, all words suddenly leaving her.

"Hi," Foolish replied, leaning against his doorway and putting his hands in his pockets. "If you're here for your stuff, it's still in the kitchen."

Luna blinked — she had forgotten she had left her guitar, songbook, and headphones here. "Oh, I'm not here for my stuff. I'm . . . here for you."

Foolish nodded and stepped to the side. "Come in."

Luna walked past him into the familiar house and took off her shoes, her skin igniting from how their shoulders brushed even through the clothing they were both wearing. She had replayed this moment so often in her mind, but know that she was actually here, Luna had no idea what to say. Luna kept her hands clasped behind her as she walked further into the house and turned around to face him. Foolish had shut the door and was following her, but still keeping a safe distance.

"So . . . how was MCC?" Luna asked, although she immediately wanted to slap herself in the face.

Foolish looked like he wanted to talk about anything but MCC. "It was fine. We got seventh. I hope we could've done a little better, but . . . Tubbo was drinking, and I was distracted."

Luna felt like she just got punched in the stomach. "Oh."

"Lunes, come on." Foolish, for the first time, looked frustrated at her, most likely because she wasn't getting straight to the point. "I don't want to talk about MCC, I want to talk about you and me. Because last night we kissed, and then you cried and ran away from me, and I don't know what's going on anymore."