7 | on waiting on somebody, someone who doesn't care

Start from the beginning

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚***•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

REAL LIFE

UNFORTUNATELY FOR LUNA, she would have to pass the arguing couple on her way out the door.

Luna let out a deep breath, flicking the light to her room off behind her with one hand, the other holding the package of Skittles for Karl with the other. She could do this. She could just slink past undetected — maybe they would be so caught up on trying to prove who was right that they wouldn't notice her.

She quietly padded down the stairs, the words getting louder with each step she took. Finally, she made it to the bottom. Foolish and Mary Jane were standing in the living room, both in defensive stances, just like Luna had seen that one time in the middle of the night when they had their fight in the kitchen. Luna looked away, heading towards the door. Mary Jane's rant that she was going on didn't pause for a moment. Okay, Luna was there, all she had to do was open it and slip out—

"Luna," Mary Jane announced.

She froze, her hand on the doorknob. Luna let out a frustrated breath. So much for going undetected.

Luna slowly turned towards them. "Oh. Hey."

Mary Jane kept staring at Foolish, her arms crossed across her chest. "Can you give us an opinion on something?"

"I'd really rather not," Luna answered truthfully.

Foolish glanced over at her, his eyebrows knitting in confusion. "What's with the Skittles?"

"They're for Karl. I'm going to his to hang out with him and Nolan. This is just in exchange for Oreos."

Foolish, for some very weird reason, seemed very taken aback at that revelation. "You're going to Karl's?"

"Seriously, Noah?" Mary Jane interjected swiftly, sounding very incredulous. "You're more worried about where Luna is going rather than this conversation? Unbelievable."

He whipped back towards her. "She's been here all day! Is it such a crime for me to ask where she's going?"

"It's not just that, it's that whenever Luna shows up, all your attention suddenly goes to her." Mary Jane looked at her for a moment. "Which isn't your fault, babe. Never your fault."

"Okay, let's just hold on a second," Luna insisted, shaking her head a bit. "Every single time you two try and talk, it always gets heated and turns into an argument. And during that, not only are you hurting each other, but you're hurting yourselves. That's the last thing I want for the two of you. So, please, just take a step back, take a deep breath, and try and have a civilized conversation."

Mary Jane seemed stuck in thought at that, her gaze averted to the floor. Foolish's eyes caught on Luna's, and in them was a sparkle of truth, a moment of realization. Luna wasn't sure what that moment of realization was for him, but she didn't want to stick around to find out. That was a private conversation between Foolish and Mary Jane.

Luna offered him a small smile before opening the door. She went out into the chilly air of October, shutting the door behind her, leaving Foolish and Mary Jane to talk more. Luna crossed the street, heading to Karl's house, where the living room light was on, illuminating the outside of his house in a soft yellow color. She tucked a piece of hair behind her ear that had blown in her face due to the wind and walked up the stairs to his front porch. And, without knocking or anything, Luna opened the door.