6 | their past is cold and empty, they know it's been enough

Начните с самого начала

"Sam!" Luna exclaimed — since they had come in late last night, Luna hadn't met any other person besides Tina. She went up to him, practically speeding with excitement. "Oh my God, hi."

"Hi, Luna," Sam replied, extending his arms out. Luna sunk into them, and Sam hugged her tightly. "It's nice to finally meet you in person."

"I know, right? We're not just voices in a VC anymore." Luna giggled slightly and pulled away from him, giving a grin to Foolish. "Morning, Foosh. I see we really went all out for TwitchCon with the all black fit."

"You literally can't even talk because you're also wearing black," Foolish countered, pressing the button on the elevator. "You're such a hypocrite."

(Luna would not like to talk about how he still managed to make a black t-shirt, black jeans, and black sneakers look good. Definitely not. It was infuriating.)

The elevator came, and Luna, Foolish, Sam, and Tina all went downstairs together where TwitchCon was actually being held. As Luna walked closer with some of the security, she could hear the sounds of voices getting louder and louder. Her heart raced in excitement and anticipation — she had been dreaming of this for weeks, and it was finally here.

Once they reached the end of the hallway, the security pretty much let them have free reign. Luna stepped out with her friends, and upon sight of them, groups of people erupted in cheers. Luna glanced around for a moment, taking in all the people that were actually here, before what seemed to be a swarm of people came up to her, most of them wearing bows in their hair. She smiled brightly and waved at them, meeting them in the middle.

"Hi guys," Luna greeted. A fan extended a pink silk ribbon out to her, and Luna gasped excitedly, taking the bow. "Oh my goodness, thank you, sunshine. That's so nice of you, I love it."

It wasn't long until Luna started feeling like she was going in circles. Don't get her wrong, she loved her fans, but every time she saw that the crowd was dying down a bit, just another swarm of people would come up to her. She answered questions over and over again — What's the song you're most proudest of? I miss you, I'm sorry. Can I add this bow to your collection? Please do. More music? Coming soon, promise. Favorite Taylor Swift album? folklore. — Even though she was a performer, Luna was very susceptible to being overwhelmed by crowds. Her shows were fine, because she wasn't completely surrounded, and even though all of her fans were so nice, it was a little much being backed up against the wall with multiple people around her.

Maybe about after thirty minutes of meeting people, Luna started to feel that familiar pit in her stomach. She quickly excused herself from her fans, promising to be back in a few minutes, before slipping away and going to a much quieter part of the lobby that wasn't so crowded. Luna pressed herself into the wall, almost like she was trying to make herself invisible, and pulled out her song book. She turned to a random page, but instead of writing lyrics, she did something rhythmic that she knew would help her — draw stars. There was something so therapeutic about drawing the same shape over and over again that always managed to calm her down.

One, two, three, four, five. One, two, three, four, five. One, two, three, four, five.

Foolish practically felt the absence of Luna's presence right away. Her laugh had been a constant for the past thirty minutes, hearing it in the background of talking to his own fans. Yet now, it was suddenly gone. Foolish glanced to his left, where Luna had once been, only to find the spot completely empty.