"Good, any such prisoners still unreleased?" Yeran questioned.

"Yes your highness, there is about twenty such prisoners currently within the holding."

"Hmm....I want to question them, from the least suspicious to most,"

"Why least suspicious your highness?" Ming Yan asked in confusion.

Yeran didn't gave a precise answer, instead thinking of a certain someone.

"I have my reasons," he turned to the maps, clearly indicating closing of topic for the moment.

¤¤¤

"The interrogation room has been prepared your highness, will you be conducting them today...?"

"Tomorrow, schedule that to the 1st thing tomorrow, I shall be retiring now, it's quite late" Yeran replied, the meeting having dragged onward for longer than he expected.

"Ming Yan, which room was prepared for Prince Ruth?" He asked.

"Prince Ruth, your highness?" Ming Yan asked in confusion, not even knowing of another prince, much less them arriving here.

Yeran gestured at Ruth who had been shadowing him the whole time.

Ming Yan's eyes shot wide open, eyebrows raising. His highness' bodyguard? A prince?

"Prince Consort's brother," Yeran clarified.

Fuck! Ming Yan cursed in his head.

"I...I was not informed your highness, I apologize for the inconvenience and ask for a few moments for a room to be prepared" Ming Yan bowed.

"Your highness, it is fine, they must have already prepared accomodations for your entourage." Prince Ruth murmured.

For certain they did, and a bit higher in standing place for the Prince's Bodyguard since he is of higher ranking, but a prince? Someone from Dilhevia and the Consort's brother as well? Ming Yan felt a headache rising.

"You are not one of my entourage Prince Ruth. Get to work," the last sentence was directed at Ming Yan.

¤¤¤

"What do you think, Ruth?" Yeran leaned back against the chair, eyes on the closed door where a prisoner was just escorted out.

"The first one was a farmer just like he claimed to be, every occupation leaves marks if you know where to look."

Yeran nodded, accepting the answer.

"The second one though...he claimed to be a fisherman, but he is a smith, I don't think iron, maybe gold?"

"Yes, I noticed as well, what did you think of it?"

"Either he was a smith who lost his business and doesn't claim it as such, since because of the draughts fishermen could be the most effected and he might be looking for a better chance..."

"Or?,"

"Or he is someone else as well as a smith and is looking for a new angle, since if we get suspicious of him being a smith while he is a fishermen, that's an easily excusable, also acting as a ploy to misdirect us in his real motive and occupation,"

Yeran nodded, again, Ruth repeating all that he had been contemplating in the past moments.

'Clever' He thought, 'both of them are,'

"And the third one?"

"He is the least suspicious of all three and definitely must be interrogated further," Ruth replied.

"Very good, Prince Ruth, how come I did not know you were this proficient in this?"

"My father was very demanding and knew exactly what uses he wanted from his children." Ruth replied lightly.

'Ah,' Yeran thought. 'So one brother is an assassin, the other an interrogator, I wonder who the other children are,'

"OH," he nodded.

"Let's keep going," He added, nodding to the guard at door to bring the next prisoner in.

¤¤¤

"Your highness," 2nd officer Ren is about to have a heart attack.

"Hmm..." Prince Consort hummed.

"Should...should you not be in your room, your highness?"

"I did not come here to enjoy a vacation officer, I came here to assist my husband and that is what I would be doing, as the Consort my place is not at the war council, but I am capable of management, please, escort me to the kitchens and the infirmary first, then the armory. They would be the critical points of a troop, yes?"

And officer Ren has no counter argument.

"As you say your highness, please, this way,"

"Thank you."

¤¤¤

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Yeran (I was told that he looks too young, if that is so, let your creativity do the job yh? 😅🤭)

.
.
.
.
.
.

Hey,

Missed a day didn't I? Apologies my darlings.

See ya,

Arkhane.