T W O

- BEST AND BRIGHTEST -

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

     Peter had gotten quiet after dinner that night, even now as they were up in his room, he hadn't made a peep as he stared at the items in the contents of the briefcase.

Liz was sat on his bed with his camera in hand, having fixed most of it during his silence. She looked over at him as he finally made noise, except he stood up with a glasses case in hand and walked into his ensuite bathroom, still not speaking.

Rolling onto her stomach, she reached over the items and picked up the small piece of the newspaper article and looked over it curiously. She knew the man stood beside Richard Parker, in fact, she was working for him at Oscorp.

She looked up as he walked back out, eyes trained on the items dispersed across his floor as he sat down again.

"Those suit you." She said smiling at him, the boy looking up for the first time in an hour.

"Thanks." He smiled shyly, always been a sucker for flattery, his eyes trailing away and landing on the paper in her hand. "Do you know him?"

She looked it over again, nodding as his eyes widened. "Yeah, I work for him.

"Seriously?" He sat up straighter, staring at her intently as he swiped the paper from her, looking back and forth between it and her.

"I've told you this before." She tilted her head with a smirk. "Dr. Curtis Connors. He's my boss."

"Do you know anything about him knowing my dad?" He urged, the girl shaking her head with pursed lips.

     "I didn't even know they knew each other." She shrugged.

     He looked down to his lap with a small sigh. "Oh."

     She didn't like seeing him so gloomy, but she didn't know how to cheer him up. Unfortunately she couldn't really try much of anything with the hour turning later and the internship tour in the morning.

With a sigh she sat up, turning the camera lens to face her before she clicked the button. Apparently she hadn't turned the flash off 'cause now she was blinded holding a hand to her eyes. "God."

Peter looked up at her curiously, letting out a snicker at her antics. "What are you doing?"

"Seeing if it works." She blinked a few times before looking at the picture and grimacing at the sight. "That's flattering."

     She handed him his camera as she got to her feet, stretching her arms with a yawn as Peter looked over his newly fixed camera with a small smile pointed at the funny picture on the tiny screen. Her smile was big but her eyes were squeezed tight in surprise of the flash and the angle a little lopsided. He liked it anyways.

     "You're leaving?" He asked, a frown coming to his lips.

     "It's kind of late." She showed him her phone and he furrowed his brows at his friend skeptically.

     "Tomorrow's Saturday."

     She shook her head and gave him a look. "I'm going to blame your forgetful mind on whatever's going on with this..." She started, gesturing to the briefcase. "But I've told you before, I've got the internship at Oscorp on Saturday's."

     "Oh, right...sorry." He scratched the back of his neck and looked up at her apologetically.

     She threw her sweater around her shoulders, shaking her head showing him it was no big deal. "Let me know if I can help you with anything."