035. Set the Trap

Start from the beginning

"Actually, it is." James stood up from his seat as Persephone fixed his suit. "I'm not going to stay out too long. Tomorrow, we will officially be moving to our new home."

Persephone wrapped her arms around his neck as he wrapped his arms around her waist. "I can't wait."

In one motion, her lips captured his, gliding over each other smoothly. James could taste a hint of cherries from her lipstick, making him addicted and wanting more. But before things could get any further, Persephone pulled away, making James groan.

"Are you sure I can't just stay home? We can continue what you started." James looked at her lustfully.

"As much as I would like to continue, you need to go. Don't want you to be late." Persephone lightly giggled as she patted his cheek. "Maybe when you get back and I'm not sleeping, we can continue but don't be too sure of it."

"That's fine. I'll have you all to myself tomorrow." James slightly winked at her as he made his way to the door. "Try not to miss me too much."

⊱ ──────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰

The sound of loud banter and laughter filled the room as the group of men ordered another round of drinks. James would never admit it to Persephone but he was glad he was able to hang out with his friends. To not feel so much stress. To enjoy the moment and joke with the guys. His position in society made him extremely busy.

"Now James, how's the marriage?" William spoke as their laughter died down. "How are you treating Persephone?"

"You're making it seem like I'm hard to handle." James grabbed his drink that was freshly placed on the table as he looked at William. "What are you trying to say?"

Williams raised his hands. "I had to deal with you for a couple of years in America and trust me, she's going to need all the help she can get from you."

James rolled his eyes, not taking it personally. "I'll have you know I'm an excellent husband and our marriage is going great."

"Ah, so you're in the honeymoon phase. Everything is well and dandy until something happens and you're blamed for every little thing." William explained as he took a big gulp of his drink.

James wasn't the only one that was relieving stress. William and his wife have been going through it for some time now. Whether it's him coming home late, him not spending much time with his child, or simply just him not doing anything around the house. Even though his wife believed he was spending his time in a brothel, he was actually working. Trying his best to provide for his family. But while he was spending the majority of his time working, he was missing quality time with his family.

"Just because you're going through that doesn't mean James will go through the same thing, Will." Richard rolled his eyes.

James shrugged. "I wouldn't want to go through what you're going through but we have to be realistic here. My marriage isn't perfect. We are bound to disagree on some things but I'm sure we'll be able to communicate."

As much as he wanted the perfect marriage with no fighting and just to live a blissful life with his wife, he knew that was just a dream. The two were bound to have an argument here and there. To agree and disagree on certain things. James and Persephone were not perfect and they both shared some flaws. But in a relationship, you are supposed to love your partner, flaws and all.

"At least you're not living in a dream." William couldn't help but be proud of James. He was realistic with things. "People tend to believe that they won't go through hardships but the hardships is what builds the relationship stronger."