Chapter 4: Day In and Day Out

Hey! Sorry that I update at random. I'm trying to juggle work and all. But here's a filler Chapter that had to be done for future understanding. Keep reading!

xxxx

DAY ONE: AT THE BASKETBALL COURT

I attended basketball practices regularly and often made the scheduled times as captain. Weird that I participated in sport I know but I have to create a balance for a healthy mind. Bouncing the ball on the matted ground and dodging a few of my team mates to get to the basket, I managed to slam dunk and hang off the rim for a while. A couple of high fives were given to me as we took a break.

“We totally got game,” Ian commented before pouring water all over his head.

“Yeah,” I chuckled out.

Out of all the players, I was easily identifiable because of my black, long-sleeved polar-neck that peeked from under the sleeveless black and gold basketball uniform. I always wore one whenever I played. My coach allowed it as a perk because of my skills in playing. Obviously it was to hide my body, but everyone reasoned it to me being some fashion freak. Anyways, I removed my shoes to massage a muscle that threatened to tighten on my left foot before a pair of foreign shoes appeared in front of me. I lifted my vision from my foot to Jordan, who stood tall at the moment while I sat. The smirk that lit her face dulled mine and I felt so lethargic from the memory of yesterday.

“What?’ I questioned unwilling to communicate.

She flicked my forehead before answering, “Uh the letter duh?”

My hand attached itself to the slight sting of pain she’d left on my forehead. I stood to match her height and scowled. SHIT! We’re the same height! Jordan puffed out her chest to appear menacing but her face remained with the satisfied smug she wore around me.

“What letter?” I genuinely ask searching my memory for a possible meeting that I had forgotten.

Jordan exhaled the air she used to puff out her chest and arched an eyebrow. We both tilted our heads – mine in confusion and hers in probable shock.

“Ed, we left a letter after we visited you yesterday. Before you went to work? On your table?” Jordan rambled on. “Did you see it?”

My scowl died down as I hesitantly shook my head. There was no letter. Was there?

“No. Neither of you handed a letter to me,” I informed her cautiously.

Slapping her forehead – which I wish she could repeat often –Jordan groaned and crossed her arms, her face contorted in anger.

“You ass wipe! You left the letter on the table!” she shouted, attracting a few of my team mates attention. “I came all the way here for nothing!”

My eyebrows shot up at the new name she gave me. It always confused how easily people talked to me as if they knew me for years. That was something I should change. Maybe I should carry a mean mug like Hulk Hogan or something. Grabbing her forearm, I pulled her aside and in to the nearby shrubbery that acted like a fence with the weeping willow hiding us. She grabbed my hand and twisted it, forcing pain to surge through my body from my wrist. My free hand shoved her shoulder and she released me, her non-chalant glare aimed at me.

“The hell!” I squeaked in whisper.

“Don’t touch me. I never gave you permission to,” she said before folding her arms.

Rubbing my wrist, I scoffed. She was right though. I had to respect her space. I mumbled a sorry and pushed on with my words.

“Well, keep it down. We don’t want anyone to find out about this right? Your brother and you could be suspended for this,” I informed her, making sure she understood the consequence.