Chapter 9: Deception

Aeja -

"Well," Ragnar scoffed.

"Don't beat yourself up over it." Kipp intervenes, patting him on the shoulder.

"Whatever." Ragnar glares, shoving his way past us.

Kipp and I stopped, watching Ragnar walk off in pure anger. "You know, I don't think he likes me." he laughed.

I giggled. "Thanks, Kipp. I really mean it."

"Eh, it was nothing."

"That wasn't nothing. I should at least give you a reward." I clasped my hands behind my back as I waddled towards him.

I raised myself upon the tips of my toes and pecked his lips. He smirked, wrapping his arms around my waist, and pulled me in for a deeper kiss. I had to pull away shortly, hoping no guards or servants would catch me. Heck, even my siblings. I didn't want him to let go of me. I didn't want the kiss to end. "Do you have any plans for the rest of the evening?"

"No." I shook my head.

"Would you care for a midnight picnic? And not outside fortress grounds." he chuckled.

 I smiled, "I would love that."

"I'll see you then, princess."

***

Ragnar -

I stomped off, enraged. I could have fought my way out. I could have rescued Aeja. I'm a Vizsla for crying out loud! I'M A VIZSLA! GAH! I was so focused on my thoughts and feelings that I didn't realize the two stopped following me. I turned and noticed their silhouettes off in the distance. Aeja clasped her hands behind her back as she waddled towards Kipp.

She raised herself to the tips of her toes and kissed his lips. Oh- OH YOU WRENCH! YOU WERE PROMISED TO ME! ME! Kipp wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled Aeja into a deeper kiss. My blood boiled with rage. YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO ME! YOU SAID YOU LOVED ME AEJA! YOU SAID YOU LOVED ME! I had no time for sorrow, only fury and pain rose through my body. You said you loved me Aeja! You said- The pain. "Would you care for a midnight picnic? And not outside fortress grounds?" Kipp questioned.

"I would love that." Aeja's voice was touching, calm, and wicked.

"I'll see you then, princess."

You can't do this to me. You can't. I didn't want to bug the lord and lady so I went to the closest person I knew.

***

"AXE!" I yelled, shamming my fist again the panel of the door.

It hissed open as I rushed in. "Calm down, kid." he laughed.

I noticed he was running reports through his datapad. I straightened myself up and held my hands in front of me. "Sorry for intruding sir."

"Nah nah, if Koska was here then it would be intruding. What is it?"

"Aeja."

"Girl trouble, I see. Lay it on me." Axe laid his datapad on the desk.

"She kissed another."

Axe blinked, trying to process the words. "Hold up, you're telling me that the girl who is pledged to you kissed another Mandalorian?"

"Sums it up."

"Have you talked with her? Her parents?"

"I'm already in trouble with her parents and I was too enraged to think of talking with her."

"First off, how did you get in trouble with her parents? Second off, talk. With. Her."

"I took her out sightseeing on our way to show her around my clan. We were held up by some other kind of Mandalorians. Some rando Mandalorian, Kipp or something, stepped in to save us. She in return gave him a kiss and he kissed her back and NOW THEY ARE GOING ON A PICNIC!" I tossed a chair.

"Careful mate. That chair is expensive." Axe laughed. "Quite an adventure you got yourself into."

"This is serious! Aeja is mine!"

"That's exactly why she doesn't want to be with you." Axe stands up.

"What do you mean by that?" I scoffed.

"I mean, you're possessive with your wording and you don't love her."

"What- I do to love her!"

"If you love her, you're willing to let her go. Let her be free. Aeja's able to make her own decisions. If she doesn't love you then she'll say it."

"But we're betrothed."

"But you can change that arrangement." Axe placed a hand on my shoulder. "You don't love her, you're jealous of her but you don't love her."

I pulled away from the eye contact. I do love her. "Your mind tells you yes but your heart says no."

"Then what was I feeling in the first place?" I sassed.

"Deceptive love, my friend. She's not the one, you have to let her go."

"Let- Let her go?! Are you serious?! No! No!" I slowly backed away slowly.

"Ragnar, as your superior, don't do this," Axe speaks sternly.

"Why?! She is mine! Under the order of the Mand'alor, we were to be united!"

"Ragnar!"

"No!" I rushed out of the room as fast as I could.

I won't let her go to some bastard from a forgotten clan! No! Viszla's are stronger! I'm better! Yes! I will propose to her in front of all! She won't be able to refuse! Yes! That's it! She will be mine! I laughed to myself. Picnic huh? Don't mind if I crash.