The Hidden Room, day 2!: Part one

Kyoufu got out of bed and started to get ready. "Hey, I just want to make sure it's clear. Nothing has changed between us. I still don't like you." He said. "Wow. Ok. I see. I understand, I still don't like you either." Hijiri answered. "But, this trip is going to be a little weird, if all we do is hate each other the whole time." He said. Kyoufu rolled his eyes. "You and I both know that this trip was going to be...interesting. Yesterday was just...-" Hijiri stood up and interrupted Kyoufu. "I'll tell you what yesterday was. We both forgot about the past. Come on Kyoufu, can't you just get over the past?" "I can't forget about the past. Why? Because I'm reminded of the past, every. Single. Time. I look at this mask." Kyoufu said. "Just leave me alone, Hijiri." He said, Kyoufu then left the room. With Hijiri following him.

"Oh! Finally! Let's get going!" I said, then I watched Kyoufu fix his mask, and the question popped into my brain. "Kyoufu, do you just constantly have a mask on, like...do you sleep with it?" Kyoufu looked a bit surprised. "Well...That was a bit...random...of course I take it off at night, I just put another one on in the morning." He said, almost expressionless after finishing his sentence. "Why?" I wondered aloud. "Because. I want to." Kyoufu said, "Let's go." He walked out of the room without another word. Either I pushed too far for an answer, or Kyoufu was in a bad mood. I was leaning more towards the first one. I should probably apologize later.

We walked into the main area, where we smelled the faint scent of breakfast cooking. "Smell that, guys? It's like...waffles!" I exclaimed. "Oh? Waffles are pretty good!" Yasu smiled. We all walked to the kitchen, where Mr. Ebina was waiting, except, he wasn't cooking, Kurobot was. "A robot?!" I exclaimed. "Yes, Kurobot can do a lot of things, even cooking. Enjoy the waffles!" He stated, patting the robot on its head. I got a plate and put two waffles on it, then sat down. I tried the waffles, and to my surprise, they were really good! "I dunno about you guys, but I think Kurobot is actually pretty good at cooking!" "Yeah, you're right, Hey, Hijiri, why haven't you been talking much?" Yasu asked. "What? Oh. There's nothing for me to say." Hijiri said, smiling at Yasu...It wasn't a cheery smile, it was more of a...smirk? I couldn't quite place what it was. "That's a load of crap. You? Nothing to say? That definitely makes sense." Kyoufu said sarcastically. "Oh, shut up, I don't hear you talking at all." Hijiri snapped. "...I don't talk very much at all. You, however, talk way too much." Kyoufu said, blankly. "Ah- Hey! I don't talk too much-..." Hijiri sighed and resumed eating his waffles. "Oh geesh...They're back to arguing..." Yasu murmured to me. "Yeah...and here I was thinking that they were going to get along." I sighed. Seems this trip was going to be annoying after all. "After you guys are finished eating, we can start the tour! How about it, sounds cool?" Mr. Ebina said. I nodded. "Sounds cringey." Hijiri stated. "You know kid, I'm beginning to not like you. With all of your remarks and such." Mr. Ebina spoke. "Oh...no...that's the worst thing ever..." Hijiri laughed, rolling his eyes. "Whatever, let's just start the tour." I ate the rest of my waffles and jumped up. "Alright, let's do this!" Yasu stood up as well. "I'm ready to go." She said.

Mr. Ebina started walking out of the kitchen. "So, I'll show you the entire museum, but some rooms we won't go into, because they are my rooms only." His voice was oddly serious. "Now as you know, this is the kitchen, there shouldn't be much I need to explain here." He led us out to the main area. Which split into two hallways. "There are five rooms, and in one of them we will do an experiment, however we will do experiments in the other four rooms, tomorrow and the day after. The first room we are going to, is right across the hallway from the kitchen. This is the experiment room." Mr. Ebina said. He led us down the hallway and we found ourselves in a large room with 5 experiment tables. "Whoa...so cool!" I exclaimed. I looked towards Kyoufu, then I remembered, I was going to apologize to him. "This is where we will do most of the experiments tomorrow. You can look around, but don't touch anything." We all started to walk around, and I walked up to Kyoufu. "Hey, Kyoufu?" I started. "Hm." He mumbled. "Um...sorry...about this morning, I didn't mean to...-" Kyoufu interrupted me. "It's fine. I'm not mad about it." He said blankly. It didn't seem too convincing, but I didn't say anything else. "Let's move on, I don't want to get into so much detail about each place, when we have 2 more days to learn about each room."