That is, until she met her now best friend, Aeri.

She was a transfer from Japan who enrolled in the middle of the academic year.

They eventually found a common ground when they got assigned in pairs for a campaign project in one class. Aeri was intimidating and awfully quiet until Yeji was able to get to know her.

She's strong willed and has a big personality - shares a lot of interests with the cat eye and even has the same passion for dancing.

Unlike Yeji, Aeri's life hasn't been decided for her.

She has quite the opposite.

Her parents have complete trust and support in whatever she decides to do. She flew to the US and left her life there to pursue her last year of college in the US - determined to break out into business in the country, as well.

She's a big dreamer, she has always said. But she also has the talent and the skills to support it. She topped almost every class and didn't have any problem finding internships in the biggest industries in the country.

When they graduated, several companies had already offered her opportunities and she ended up in an already good job position in one of them. While as for Yeji, she started working and learning the ins and outs of the US office. It's their second biggest branch - next to the main branch which was in Korea.

Her Mom insisted that she take over the one in the US instead of traveling back home.

She didn't complain. She didn't have the energy to do so, so she accepted and started right away.

Aeri stayed with her. Living only a 10-minute drive away from her, she has been her go-to since day one. She offered to drive the cat-eye when she's too tired to drive herself - having refused the offered driver from the company.

Even on days when Aeri's having a tough time, too, she didn't forget about Yeji. And Yeji did her best to do the same. The cat eye found strength in the way her best friend has been so determined in achieving her goals.

Sometimes, she wished she had that earlier, too.

But not today. Today, she's resolved to make it happen for her, too.

"So tomorrow's the day?" Her best friend asked as she took a bite of her food.

Yeji nodded. "They're arriving tonight and I'm set to meet them at lunch."

"You're ready."

It wasn't a question. Yeji nodded, anyway.

She is ready.

She has been building up her courage for the past four years, and she cannot wait any longer.

In the midst of managing the company, she has been forming connections and meeting up with a lot of business people to make her plans work. She has been saving up a lot and has invested in a lot of other industries, too.

"You'll be here?" She looked at her best friend for reassurance.

"I'll be wherever you are. We'll be business partners, soon, anyway."

Aeri grinned at her and the cat eye let out a relieved sigh.