Ch-12

I enter the kitchen checking once again if Stella is in her place and if no one is bothering her

I open the fridge and bring a coke bottle. I have to drive back home. And I am not risking it.

As I was heading back to Stella I heard someone call me.

"Hey Drake " He is a friend of mine from the basketball team.

"Sup dude? "

"Dare or dare? "

"What?"

" I dare you to bring your girlfriend to play a game of truth or dare with us. "

" She won't come. I gotta go she must be waiting."

"Well, you gotta convince her. I dare you. " He shrugged.

"Fine. "

Why would they want her to play with us?

-----

So I somehow convinced her and she is playing with us, totally not interested and always looks around as if finding somebody. Probably Nicole.

She sat beside me. Her brown hair was left down today and they looked very tempting. I wanted to run my hands through them, very badly. Her eyes were the most attractive pair that I had seen.

I was looking at her when they started shouting my name. The bottle's probably on me.

" Dare of course. " truths aren't for me. I am supposed to be daring.

"Kiss the most beautiful girl in this group."

My gaze turns to Stella. Her eyes widen but she recovers almost instantly. You wouldn't notice it if you aren't looking closely.

I moved closer to her, I could see the hesitation in her eyes. My hands cup her face.

I would kiss her, she was my first kiss, that was another dare when we were younger, so it's not like we haven't kissed before, albeit that was just like a peck on the lips, but I don't know if she'll be comfortable right now, I mean we hadn't exactly agreed to kiss in public.

Ugh, why am I overthinking this?

I peck her on the cheek and sit back. She seems relieved, and maybe just a little bit disappointed or probably that's just me. That doesn't stop her from blushing though, she is adorable when she blushes.

A small smile makes its way onto my lips.

"I don't like PDA," she says to everyone else.

Wrong move. Don't clarify until they ask. That's not what I'm focused on though. I can't help but notice how flustered she is.

She leans towards me and whispers," Stop looking at me like that ." Is that why she is flustered?

"Like what? "

"Like I'm your world." She looks at me with amusement.

"You are. " I'm in the mood for cheese. Does she like it?

She looks like she is restricting herself from laughing.

"So it's true?" One of the gossip girls pipes in. And I stop myself from rolling my eyes.

"Yeah." She replies. Making 'public appearance' and all that I suppose.

They do a few rounds the bottle lands on neither of us. She is still looking around. She pulls my shirt to my attention. "Hey, I'm gonna look for Nicole. " She says and nod my head. She walks to the dance section of the party but comes out after a few minutes and walks out the door. I excuse myself and go out as well. It's dark outside and not exactly a safe place for her.

She is not far, sitting on the porch steps. I sit down beside her.

"What are you doing here? " I ask.

"Nothing. Too crowded inside."

"Hmm. " We sit in silence for a while, not awkward, it's comfortable actually.

"What about you? " She asks.

"Was bored."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

"Hey, you said you do nature photography? " She looks at me with a broad smile, like a child you smile at ice cream.

"Yeah. "

"You have one of the night sky with stars and all?"

"Yep." And she smiled wider. If that's even possible.

"Can I see them? I always try to take them with my phone but all that appears is black. "

I take out my phone to show her a few of them and share the ones she likes.

"I have more on my laptop if you want. "

"Sure!"

We sit there for a while, admiring the night sky. There aren't many stars but it looks good.

"Hey don't mind me, but how do you know what exactly is needed for faking dating? Have you done this before? "

She chuckles nervously, "Well you see, I read a lot of romance novels. And a lot of them have the fake dating trope. "

"They end up together? "

"Yes of course. I mean, not like we would I know you don't like me that way and nor do I. That's against the rules too. We could be friends at most. "

"Hm. " I smile at her flustered self.

"I think I should return", she says looking at the time.

"Do you want me to drop you two? "

"No, Avery is coming. "

"Oh ok ."

"Let's go find Nicole first. "

-------------