All Because of a Game (Ace x Deuce)

Börja om från början

"Ace, Deuce!  I've let this couple thing slide because I thought it would help you both study.  Now I find out that it's putting you both in danger of staying back a grade?"  Riddle challenged.  Ace shrugged,

"That just means we get to spend more time with each other."  Deuce nodded.

"No, it does not!  As housewarden of Heartslabuyul, I cannot allow my perfect track record to get ruined!  You know that nobody has dropped out or got held back a grade ever since I've came into power and I intend to keep it that way.  From now no, you two are forbidden to communicate with each other until your grades have improved."  With that, Riddle waited for Deuce to exit the room and shut the door.

Heartslabuyul was now quiet.  It felt weird for everyone to have that amount of silence once more.  What was even more weird was how much more Ace was studying.  Everyone could now see Ace sitting in the common room, working on math problems.  There wasn't even any complaining.  What was going on here?  By this time, Ace would've just set his assignment to the side and start practicing another magic trick or he would hang out with. . . Deuce.  That was it, wasn't it?  Ace was studying so he could see Deuce again!  Cater decided to have a talk with him about it, "Heyo!  Ace!  How are ya?"  He asked.  Ace put down his pencil,

"Bored.  Studying's so lame!"

"So, why don't you take a break?"

"Because, I want to get back to annoying Riddle with Deuce!"  Ace admitted.  Cater smirked.

"Oh?  So you wanted to see Deucey again?"

"You make it sound weird!  I just need him to help me annoy Riddle."

"But, you can tell that doesn't bother Riddle."  Cater pointed out.  Ace just looked at Cater, horrified.

"I can. . .  What about it?"

"So, why'd you decide to play Chicken?" 

"I wanted to annoy Riddle and I didn't want Deuce to win so I continued."  Cater's smirk just got larger.  He was no stranger to playing Chicken as he did so during middle school and he very much knew that the two participants didn't have to spend that much time together.  Cater also knew that both participants would usually try to make each other uncomfortable so they could win.  However, that wasn't the case for Ace and Deuce.  From what Cater could tell, the two would typically glance at each other as if asking permission to do something and the other would nod.  Now, it could be because the two didn't want to risk ruining their friendship, however, both were the type to do whatever it took to win against the other person, so, Cater was expecting a more intense game of chicken.  "What's with that smirk, Cater?"  Ace asked.

"Oh, nothing.  I was just wondering why you two asked permission to do something in a game where the goal is supposed to make the other person uncomfortable."

"Fine. . . So, maybe I do have feelings for Deuce, so what?"

"Oh, nothing.  That's all I wanted to confirm!"  With that, Cater walked away.  Little did Ace know, Deuce had overheard the whole entire conversation.  He had just wanted to ask Cater to help him with some Astrology homework as he knew that it was Cater's strong point.  He just kind of stood there, frozen in shock. . . Ace actually liked him back?  Well then, he'd have to try harder to talk to him again.

Eventually, the two managed to somehow get a perfect score in their practical exams because they committed all their time to studying and Riddle was floored.  He was expecting 75's and on days where he was feeling generous, expecting 85%'s, so, of course he allowed the duo to speak to each other again.  Deuce immediately jumped at the opportunity, "Soooo, Ace.  Did you mean what you told Cater a while ago?"

"It was just apart of that game!"

"Oh. . . It was?"  Deuce's face fell quite a bit.

Ace let out a laugh, "You're face is absolutely priceless.  It's not like Cater would tell you if I stopped playing the game temporarily."

"So. . . Is it true or not?"

"It's. . ."  Ace dramatically took a large pause, "True!"  Deuce let out a relieved sigh,

"Don't scare me like that, Ace!"

"Oh, I didn't know you loved me THAT much, Deuce!"

"Just. . . SHUT UP!"

"Annnd, you're turning red!"

Riddle covered his ears, ". . . I thought this would stop after they confessed. . ."  Cater shrugged,

"I don't know, I think that's just how they show their love for each other."  Ace and Deuce simultaneously turned to Cater,

"No, that's not it!"  They both shouted.  Trey just poured everyone a cup of tea.  Riddle held up his cup,

"To the couple that's giving me a headache!"  He toasted.  Everyone else cheered and immediately drunk their tea.  Ace and Deuce were just sitting there, feeling slightly embarrassed that they got called out.  However, it was worth it because at the end, they could finally communicate with each other again.