Chapter 18: Im what?!

I heard a bit of muffled movement in one of the vents. I swung my entire body around so it would be facing the vent, and I saw her.
Sister Jude.
I tried to scream but all that came out was a raspy screech. I tried to back as far away as I could, but the chain dug into my flesh and it pained me every time I tried to move. She shuffled her way through the vent, sweat beading up on her forehead. "Well well well. Look who we have here. Mia Taylor." My eyes stung and tears blurred my vision as I stared at her horribly wrinkled face. I tried to speak but then came to the realization that I had something wrapped around my mouth. All I was capable of doing was watch in horror as she approached my body. "W-What do u want." My voice cracked and it caused me to break down. Sister Jude approached me and touched my shaking arm. "It's fine Mia, everything is going to be okay." I looked up at her wrinkled face. It looked solemn, like when you see one of those mummies at museums, almost a dead gaze in their eyes. "What do you mean 'everything is going to be okay?'" I stated in between loud sobs, which was purposeful. I was hoping someone would hear me. I guess she caught on to that. "Mia, I know your upset and all, but just so you know, it's not helpful. The walls in the vents are sound proof. Sound waves bounce right off of them." I put my head between my knees and rolled my eyes hatefully. Of course. I should have known. It's just like Oliver's basement. She tried to sit down, but her freakishly long legs permitted her body from bending in that way. "Sister, I'm sorry. I don't know what I ever did to you, so I'm asking in the kindest way possible, why are you so heartless?" I braced myself, not knowing how she will react. "Well, honestly, it's not like I want to be this way. I have been hurt by many people and been betrayed and abandoned by many people. I guess it's just that I can't trust anyone anymore." A tear slid down her face, creating a splatter on the floor. I took her hand in mine. "I'm so sorry." Then, out of the blue, I began to feel extremely lightheaded, and then it felt like my head had been wracked with something. Blood trickle down my forehead, and the last thing I could catches before I passed out was Sister Jude, holding an unknown object.

I awoke to find myself in my bed in my old cell from when I stayed at Briarcliff. Sister Mary Eunice was sitting in the corner on a dark wired chair, picking at her nails. "Hello..Sister?" She looked up from what she was doing and laughed. "Good your still alive. You have been sleeping for 3 days straight now." My eyes widened and I sat up. Oh my god! I was supposed to be home days ago! What will Gabe say?! "What did you just say?!" I asked even though u clearly know what she just said. "Oh Mia, don't be so blind." I looked at my bruised feet and sighed. "Can you please just release me?" A tear fell down my face, leaving a shiny trail on my face. "I'm sorry but I don't really think I can do that." She said sarcastically. She let out a slight chuckle, and I lost another tear. "Okay you know what Sister I'm done with feeling all this pain. You can just kill me, but by doing so you have to release Kit. He's innocent." She looked at me confused. "Oh Mia don't you see?" My eyes widened and I fell to my knees. "Your dead."
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Hey guyyys! I don't think I ever said this but I love cliffhangers! I hope you guys like this chapter and sorry it took me so long to post😪 I had/still have a terrible case of writers block and I'm almost finished with this story😭 but just a suggestion for you guys you should go check out my Besties page she has amazing Beatles fanfictions and she's an amazing writer.

rlckirasu

Follow her and read her stories. I'll try to keep you guys updated more. See you in the next chapter😘