Chapter Eight

•| CRUSH |•

Kalista Monroe was busy reading her novel at the breakfast table in the great hall, when her attention darted to the slytherin table to see a certain raven haired boy sat down with his friends but his eyes straight away met hers.

    She smiled through eyes while he had an eyebrow raised as he poured pumpkin juice for himself and suddenly the smile on her face widened on remembering last night.

   Regulus could see she understood the reference as she was now smiling widely while playfully glaring at him.

    Oh, how he enjoyed calling her Pumpkin last night.

    But to be honest, he had been smitten since then, from how adorable she looked in her childhood picture to how pretty she was now.

    He gestured to her raising the glass of juice slightly, she shook her head from the distance, he shrugged taking a sip and pretended to moan inaudibly at the taste. She chuckled at his dramatics when he gestured the juice to be best.

    Shaking her head to herself with a smile, Kelly turned back to her novel but her gaze stopped in the mid upon meeting her best friend's eyes who was holding a deadpan look which said, did you really think I am blind?

    "Am I invisible, Kels?" Maisie asked causing Kelly to realise that she had watched that stupid act between her and Regulus, shit!

    "Um— no?" Kelly gulped wanting to look away or just dissolve in air. Until, Maisie banged her fist on the table and asked, "How long has it been going on?"

    "Going on? What?" Kelly asked oblivious yet a little scared.

    "You both are in a relationship." Maisie declared and Kelly choked on ethe aur she was breathing, "What?!"

    "Tell me the truth, Kels, you've already hurt me enough by hiding it." Maisie drawled pulling a sad face, Kelly knew now she wont be able to escape from what she being hiding from even herself.

    "I think, I have a crush on Reggie." She stated in a voice that was barely audible and a feeling that bloomed within her like she was admitting of a crime.

    Why did it feel wrong but also right?

    "You think?" Maisie raised an eyebrow.

    Kelly gulped, "I know."

    Maisie exhaled softly setting down her glass of juice, "I have known this for like a week now, was just waiting for you to admit."

    Kelly gawked at her best friend, "You're not mad at me?"

    "I would have been that you fell for that dick but recently I have been noticing he atleast bearable when he's with you, so yeah cool." Maisie grinned lightly causing Kelly to blush faintly stealing another glance at her crush, who was now busy glaring at his friends as they did something, but upon sensing a gaze himself he was quick to turn to her causing her breath to hitch.

   She mentally cussed, he caught her staring at him. But for some reasons her gaze didnt bulge and she kept on staring at him until he smiled at her softly now causing her gaze to dart away shyly.