Chapter 0: Child of the Moon (Pt. 1)

CHAPTER 0

CHILD OF THE MOON

EPISODE 1. LYCAN KINGDOM

Luna Diane could feel it. 

The death of the werewolves who are fighting in the war against Dardan and his army of newborn vampires. She gritted her teeth as her eyes closed in dismay. She hoped and even prayed to her father, Vargr the Ancient Wolf God, that everyone would make it through today's fight. But it was inevitable.

"Sacrifices are to be made, young one," her father's voice echoed through her head.

Luna Diane sighed as she opened her eyes and replied back, "But we have lost too many lives, father. How many more of the wolves are we just going to throw out there?

Then the doors to the War Room opened. A young man with pale blonde hair and glasses quickly walked over to her. It was the messenger from Beta Azim's unit.

"Your Highness, I bring terrible news," the messenger spoke, his voice shaking.

She knew what he was going to say. She didn't want to hear it, but she had to.

"Take a breath and continue," Luna Diane said with a gentle tone.

The messenger nodded his head and did what the Crown Princess said. Then he continued, "Half of our troops didn't make it back today."

The young woman stared outside the window near her with her hands clenching and unclenching at the news. She was connected to each one of the werewolves. Even the Lycans that stayed behind to protect the kingdom and its royal family. As the daughter of the Wolf God, it is a blessing and a curse for her to have an empathic link with every werewolf and Lycan. It's all too much for her but she is the Mother of the Wolves. She must not be fazed or hesitate one second. She must protect her kind. She must also protect her only child. Ayla is the only one left who can stop the war. But she's too young. If her twin sons hadn't gone missing a year ago and if her eldest daughter hadn't died in the hands of those vampire sisters, then her youngest wouldn't have to face such destiny.

"I must not let Dardan go anywhere near my daughter," Lune Diane thought to herself quietly.

"Your Highness, the young Beta would like to know what to do next," the man spoke up again, bringing her back to reality.

"Right. Beta Azim... Where is he located?" She asked as she shifted her gaze away from the window and to the messenger.

"He's located near the Bronze Bridge of the Vampire Kingdom, Your Highness."

It didn't take long for Luna Diane to decide. "Tell him to retreat."

The messenger nodded his head and bowed before her. Then he left right away and a few seconds later, Luna Diane heard the Wolf God howling. It was the Call of the Wolf. A sound and sign of sorrow for the loss. Luna Diane knew that her father cared for each one of their people. That's why she couldn't blame him for their deaths.

But she could have saved them at least.