Chapter 1

A/N !TW! There will be mentions of abuse, SH and other potential things in this book. I will give warnings before potentially triggering things!

Amara

Punch, slap, kick. I fell to the ground with a groan. Right now, I was being beaten by Brett while my mom watched. I wouldn't even call her my mom. It was right before school and I didn't make breakfast in time because I was trying to cover up last nights bruises and cuts.

"Bitch!" Brett yelled, kicking my ribs. I was determined not to cry. I would not give him that satisfaction. I would not let him know that he has damaged me in most ways possible. "Where's my food? Huh?!" He screamed.

He gave me one last harsh kick to the ribs which I was sure I could hear a crack. It hurt like a bitch, too. "Go to fucking school and this better not happen again. My friends will be here later so behave like the good little slut you should be," he said.

His friends. That scared me the most. His friends aren't pleasant. They beat me. And touch me. I quickly got up and spit out blood before grabbing my bag and heading out the door. When I exited the house was when I let out a cry.

It hurt so much. So, so much. Mentally and physically. I just want it to end. I don't even know what I did or what happened to my real father. Last time I asked, I got beat so I gave up on that idea pretty fast.

The walk to school was painful. My ribs hurt. Scratch that- everything hurt. Before I entered the school building, I put on my emotionless face and shoved the doors open. Some people stopped and looked at me whilst whispering but I glared at them and they went back to what they were previously doing.

One thing about me is that I don't tolerate these people's bullshit. Ironic, I know. I can defend myself from school bullies but not my stepdad and mom? Funny. I opened my locker and saw a crumpled up paper that fell out. It was a picture of me with the words slut, bitch and whore scribbled on it.

I just crumpled it more and shoved it back in my locker before pulling out my text book for my first class. I slammed the door shut and heard the first warning bell to get to class. I made my way through the heaps of people, bumping shoulders with them. It was like bumper cars. 

I walked into my class and went to the back, ignoring the teachers greetings. I pulled out my earbuds and the old iPhone 6 I had. It was cracked and barely worked but it was better than nothing. I got it with some money I made working at a Cafe. I wasn't able to work there long, though, because I would get worse beatings. I just saved up some money for pain killers.

I completely tuned out the class and played Je te laisserai des mots  by Patrick Watson. It was about 30 minutes into the class when I heard my name over the intercom. "Amara Green, please come down to the office." 

Green is Brett's last name that I unfortunately had to take. I rolled my eyes and took my earbuds out before stuffing them in my bag and slinging it over my shoulder. I heard some oohs and awes but I ignored them.

"Ms. Green-" the teacher began to lecture me on my storming out but I flipped her the birdie before exiting. I heard some laughter and an enraged Mrs. Pipe when leaving. I walked down the bare halls and past all the classrooms and cafeteria until I reached the front office.

The front office lady gave me a sympathetic look to which I just looked back with my stoic face. "Come on in dear," the front receptionist lady said. I opened the office door and headed to the principals office where I saw him sitting with two police officers in the corner.

"Ah, Amara, take a seat please," Mr. Wells, the principal said to which I reluctantly complied. He had a look of sadness and sympathy as well. "I'm very sorry to inform you but your mom and stepdad got into a car accident. They were great people, Amara. I know you must be very sad," he said.

I held in the urge to snort at that statement. They were horrible people. Wait- Then it registered that they were dead. Brett and Callie are dead. Callie is my mom's name, but I barely refer to her as a mom.

I kept my emotionless face on while all the gears were turning in my head. I could tell the police officers and Mr. Wells was a bit shocked by this. "Okay," I said in a monotone voice.

Mr. Wells gave me a sad smile. "These police officers will take you to the station to figure things out," he said, standing up to which I did so as well. The officers stepped forward from the corner. I've been arrested a few times that I'm sure some of the officers at the station would recognize me.

"I'm very sorry," Mr. Wells said, trying to give me a hug to which I just stepped back. He cleared his throat and took a step back. "I wish you great luck," he said before motioning to the police officers.

"Come on, dear," the blonde, female officer said as she came up beside me and put her hand on my shoulder to which I slightly flinched and winced at. She immediately retracted her hand and gave me a confused look. 

"Nothing," I muttered and walked out of the office. I didn't look at the reception lady on my way out as I had two police officers flanking my sides. One a tall blonde woman and one a burly brunette man.

I saw some students who were in the hall stop what they were doing and stare at me. I glared at them but they didn't look away and just immediately started whispering. I rolled my eyes and walked out of the school.

I was walked to a police car where I got in the back and we silently drove off. "We will take you home so you can pack, alright?" The blonde woman said. "I'm Amanda by the way," she said with a smile.

I nodded and stared out the window. This is going to be one hell of a ride. I'll probably end up in foster care or some shitty orphanage.

--------------------

We soon pulled up to where I lived. I wouldn't call it a home. More like my unfortunate settlement. I got out of the car and the officers followed me from behind as I walked in. It still wreaked of alcohol and drugs which I'm sure didn't go unnoticed by the cops.

I quickly walked up to my room much to my body's protests and shoved the little clothing I had in my bag. Three T-Shirts, one pair of black skinny jeans, sweats and some leggings, socks, undergarments and a few oversized hoodies. That's all I had. About nothing.

I kneeled down by the creaky floorboard on the floor. I wiggled it until it popped loose and moved it aside. Here I had some stashed paper and graphite pencils for art. Also, my journal which I wrote down about everything and sketched in it. 

I shoved that in my bag before getting up and heading down the creaky, dusty stairs. I saw the officers looking around with some things in their hands. One thing being a bag of my parents drugs.

"Ready to go, sweetie?" Amanda asked.

"Mhm," I mumbled. Amanda exchanged glances with the male officer and we headed out the door.

I turned around after I opened the car door and faced the house. I stuck my middle finger up, muttering "Goodbye hellhole," before sliding in the backseat of the car.

I guess we'll see where this journey leads us.

A/N
Here's the first chapter! Let me know what you think so far and what you think of Amara!