Chapter 17. You must be the Madrigals

Camilo was wandering the streets of Anhelaba Esperanza, searching for his primas.

When he asked someone about Isa, they couldn't give him a hint, but when it came to Mibabel, they always said, "There is someone who looks and acts kind of like that, but her name is Mariposa."

It made him sad. He was so sure there would be something about his cousins, but there was nothing. Maybe Isa realized it as well and decided to search somewhere else. One week is a long time, and if she was with her friend, mentioned by Dolores, whom she had seen in the past years, they might have had some technological advances as well.

As he was walking, he had no idea that the town was built on different levels, and he reached one of the starecases. He fell, and he fell hard.

He had no broken bones, but a big blue spot on his leg. Unfortunately, every meal made by Julieta was already gone. Even if something was left, Luisa had almost all the bags, and she searched the other part of the town.

As he was looking at the blue spot, he heard a woman's voice.

- Graceful Mother Earth, what happened to you, senor? – as he looked up, he saw the scarred woman and the little girl standing right in front of him.

- Uhm... - Camilo had no idea what to say. He freaked out.

- HE FELL FROM THE STARES! – a woman in her late thirties yelled from a window on the street, watering her plants.

- Oh my, you are one unfortunate soul, aren't you? – the woman said with a kind, worrying smile. – I can tell just from the look in your eyes. You must have experienced a lot. – and she started preparing her first aid kit, sitting down a few steps below Camilo on the steps so it was easier to access his injured leg.

The little girl hid behind the woman, obviously nervous.

- Me? Have you looked in a mirror yet? – Camilo yelled, surprising even himself in the process, covering his mouth. – Oh my... I am so sorry!

- No worries. – the lady just laughed. - I learned to love my scars. Without them, I couldn't appreciate my current life. – this thought made Camilo smile.

- My name is Camilo. What's yours?

- Muerte. – the lady shocked the young man. At the sight of the frightened patient, she chuckled. – No worries! It has nothing to do with my job as a healer. But I know the name "Death" is ironic, isn't it? It's based on my life story. – her smile became sad - We all have one. Some are happy, mine is just not that much. – she looked at the girl hiding behind her – Introduce yourself, amore!

- Soy Dulce. – the little girl said, hiding a little bit less.

- Hola Dulce! Mucho gusto. – Camilo smiled at the little one. She reminded him of his own daughter.

They were having a light conversation. Muerte had a joyful and calm personality. She has been the town's doctor for somewhat more than five years now. But a bigger medical society wanted to expand in the area, forcing her and her family to leave.

By the end of the conversation, Dulce was comfortable in Camilo's presence enough to not hide behind her madre. The conversation made Camilo forget about the purpose of their visit for a few minutes, until Muerte finished his leg. Camilo suddenly realized why they were in Anhelabe Esperanza in the first place and awkwardly asked the question.