PROLOGUE (REWRITTEN)

A young boy, seemingly the age of thirteen was seen hiding in a bush. He had peach colored hair that was at medium cut lengh. He had pretty purple eyes and a scar on the side of his face. This boy was named Sabito. He heard footsteps go by and so he froze. "Sabito? Where are you??" another boy yelled. He had long black hair tied in a ponytail, he had beautiful blue eyes. His name was Tomioka Giyuu. Sabito kept his giggle in, not wanting to be found. He heard the footsteps of his friend go by and sighed in relief. He peaked his head through the bush, hoping to catch a glimpse of his friend. "Where did he..." Sabito wondered. Suddenly someone jumped onto his back. "AH!" Sabito yelled in surprise. "I got you Sabito!" Giyuu exclaimed happily. "Yeah yea-" Sabito was interrupted by a voice, Giyuu's sister. "Giyuu! Come on! It's almost night time! Sabito! You get home too!" She yelled. "Coming Oniichan!" Giyuu said. "See you Sabito!" Giyuu said giving Sabito one last hug before leaving. Though, Sabito had a feeling. I very bad feeling. But, he shrugged it off. "Eh, they're all together! What's the worse that can happen?" Sabito said to himself as he shrugged and walked back home.

The next day came in a flash and Sabito rushed over to the Tomioka house. "I wonder what me and Giyuu should do today.." Was the only thing going through Sabito's mind. He finally got there and stopped with fear. Tears brimming his eyes. He saw, outside the house, Tsutako on top of Giyuu in a protective like member. He rushed over. He couldn't say anything, couldn't go over his shock. He didn't look in the house. He already knew they where long gone. But he checked the siblings and was relived and shock to see that Giyuu was alive.

"Hah..hah..hah.." Sabito was tired. He had Giyuu on his back as he decended the mountain he lived on. It was cold. But Sabito felt warm for some reason, probably due to running and carrying someone on his back. He heard a low growl on his back and felt Giyuu twitching. "Eh?! Giyu-" Sabito was knocked off balance by Giyuu. "Ack!" Sabito fell on his back. He stood up slowly and carefully. "Ouch.." Sabito looked up to meet a standing Giyuu, there was still blood on his haori, he kept growling. "Giyuu? Don't worry! Please don't stand up! Please! It's not safe! I'll bring you to the doctor!" A panicking Sabito said as he ran towards Giyuu. "Giyuu..?" At his name, Giyuu looked up and pounced onto Sabito, in surprise he grabbed a large stick nearby and put it between him and Giyuu. 'Is..Is Giyuu a demon?!' Sabito cried mentally. He remembered his grandmother speak of them, how they where dangerous and eat humans. 'Was he born a demon?! No..No! No he isnt! He knew Giyuu for almost ten years and not once did he show any demonic urges.' Though there was this one time when Sabito had tried to steal on of his rice balls and Giyuu bit him..But that's besides the point! "Giyuu! Please! Don't give in! Please remember who I am..It's me! Sabito!" Sabito cried. He finally relized that he grew in size. He got bigger! "Giyuu! Please! Please.." Sabito prepared himself for his death and closed his eyes. But nothing came. He felt water drop on his face. "Huh?" Sabito opened his eyes and saw Giyuu crying. "Giyuu.." It would've been a sweet moment if it wasn't intruppted by someone swinging his blade near the demon Giyuu. Sabito grabbed Giyuu and rolled over taking the slayer by surprise. They got knocked into a tree. Sabito sat up a bit, clutching Giyuu in a protective mannor, though Giyuu tried to struggle out of his hold.

"Why do you protect it?" The slayer asked. Sabito took in his details. He had held his hair was burgundy and was held in a long ponytail. On the side of his forehead was a flame mark. He had earrings and a green and black patterned haori with black pants and shirt that was detailed in a manner as a type of work oufit. He looked no older then sixteen. "Huh?" Sabito said looking at the stranger. "Ah where are my manners hmm? My name Kamado Tanjiro, and I'm here to kill the demon that you are currently protecting!" Tanjiro said with a smile on his face. "So please stand out of the way."

A/N: Yahoo.