Chapter 14: Stomping on ruins

Start from the beginning

Lee came up between Fred and George, throwing an arm around each of them, "Mine smells like Angelina's hair."

"Lee, mate, take the hint," teased Fred.

Lee hit his head, "Oi, shut up. What does yours smell like, eh?"

"Smells like home, mostly. Sugar and fireworks," said George, leaning over and breathing in again, smiling softly, "Also cinnamon."

Fred leaned over, and as soon as he breathed in, his face looked peaceful. "Firework smoke, pine tree and-"

Sarah was looking at him waiting for the third scent curiously, trying to forget what her third one was, although it was that overall and it didn't make much sense. "And what?" she asked.

"L-licorice?" Fred sniffed the fumes again, "Yup, wouldn't have thought, it's funny."

"But you don't like licorice," George winced at him.

Fred shrugged and everyone flinched at Snape clearing his throat behind them. Lee practically ran to his seat.

"I suggest you clean up the desk in the last fifteen seconds that are left," muttered Snape, walking imposingly to Sarah and Selena's desk to make the potion vanish.

At the end of class, Sarah's mind was spiraling, and preferred to completely forget about it, it didn't have to mean anything, right? The fact that the potion smelled like her best friend. Everything was completely normal. Perfectly normal.

_

A group of seventh years got word around for a party on Valentine's Day, inviting fifth years and up, in honor of the exam period approaching, and 'Love floating in the air' to use their terms precisely.

Sarah let go of the last lock of hair that she'd straightened and ran a hand through her hair, put on her mothers medallion and ring, matching red rubies.

You look beautiful, she liked to think her Mum would've said, her hand adjusting the locket falling on her chest.

"You know Oliver's coming tonight." Angelina smiled knowingly, walking towards the mirror next to Sarah to put on her earrings.

"Yes, Angie, I figured, since he's in seventh year," answered Sarah with an amused tone, sprayed her perfume on either side of her neck and walked away from the mirror to put on her shoes.

"Sure you don't want to wear that blue velvet skirt?" asked Selena, walking across the room to grab a head-band.

"You are so much more involved in Oliver's stunt with the training hours than I am, really. He doesn't mean it, and where we're going, it's just a party," Sarah dismissed them both. "I am much more comfortable in ample trousers, thank you very much."

"At least she kept the crop top," reasoned Selena, exchanging an agreeable look with Angelina.

"You two are impossible. Do you want me to bring out the artillery and tease you about a certain ginger also coming tonight?" said Sarah, raising a defying brow at Selena.

She groaned in frustration, and turned around from them, which simply made Angelina and Sarah smile knowingly and go down to meet with Alicia and Katie, the five of them leaving for the party.

Hearts were hanging from everywhere, the lights were dark purple, blue and red, couples slow dancing in a corner and other people doing shots in another. Sarah expected nothing less from a Valentine's Day party.

Lee, Fred and George approached the girls cheerfully. "Look at our friends, here," Lee twirled Sarah around. "Aren't we blessed with this sight?" he looked at Angelina, smiling at every one of his girl friends.