Matt glared at me. "I better not see you wear that jersey printed with the number ninety-seven. If I do, there will be consequences. Twelve only," he ordered, pointing a finger at me while still gleefully smiling.

"You can't make me do that you little piece of shit," I responded, trying to match his attitude. "Y'know, I work for the Wild,"

Matt lifted an eyebrow, widening his smirk. "And I play for the Wild," he returned.

I blew my tongue at him. "Suck my dick," I told him.

He raised an eyebrow. "Gladly. You want head?" He asked.

"Fuck no, I'm sick," I responded as I tossed him the jersey I had in my hands. "Go put that on a hanger and hang it up please,"

He rolled his eyes and got up from the bed to grab a hanger from my closet. He inserted the ends into the jersey and hung it up on the knob of the closet. "Are you happy now?" He asked.

I chuckled as I grabbed my soup back from the nightstand. "Sure, Boldy," I responded with a soft chuckle.

Matt maneuvered himself to lay next to me on the queen-sized bed. He wrapped his left arm around my shoulder, assuring me that I was going to be okay, even battling some sort of unknown sickness. Perhaps this was just anxiety from the shock that Matt had come home way earlier than he said he was and never told me.

I continued eating my soup as the two of us sat in silence, until I spoke up again.

"Why didn't you text me saying you were coming early?" I asked him.

He sighed. "I thought I would surprise you. Though that didn't turn out the way I had expected," he told me. "I'm sorry, Peyton. I really am,"

I turned my head to look into his guilty, sparkling, blue-gray eyes that made my heart throb.

I set my soup back on the nightstand with a sigh. "I know you're sorry, Matt. I know you are. I forgive you. But please, communication is key to any relationship. I hope you know that," I told him.

"Of course," he responded as he started to rub his thumb up and down my tricep, causing my nerves to tingle.

I smiled as I buried myself into Matt's arms. He was cool, but probably because I felt hotter than the surface of the sun. I rested my head onto his chest, and he lowered his head to gently rest it on mine.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled myself in closer.

"Mhm," I squeaked as I finally got comfortable in Matt's arms again, our mouths about an inch away from brushing against the other.

He grinned. "You missed me, didn't you?" He asked me.

I nodded my head. "Yeah," I said.

He giggled. "I was only gone for a day and a half, Peyton. How are you going to deal with me being gone on road trips?"

I smirked. "I'll go with you. Besides, part of my job is traveling," I responded.

"I suppose," he answered before moving his hand up the left side of my head and gently laced his fingers through my soft, somewhat messy hair.

He began to lightly scratch my scalp, which helped calm my nerves from either being sick or I was still feeling the effects of shock from him coming so early.

"Please don't stop," I begged quietly.

"I'm not going to, you don't have to worry," Matt responded before giving me a gentle kiss on the forehead. He continued to gently scratch and massage my scalp, which I most definitely and thoroughly enjoyed.