Chapter 9

**************

Chapter 9.

The weekend approached real quick. Caroline was putting on her mascara when she heard the buzzer going off. She saw it was Xavier and she pressed the button to let him in. 

"Hi gorgeous". He saw her and was awestruck. She was looking so breathtaking in that evening gown. Much more than the trail day. 

"Hi Xav". She blushed under his intense gaze. He was just looking at her without blinking. She was wearing minimal makeup and had her hair down just like he said. "Ermm". She waved her hand in front of him, breaking the moment. 

"God Carl. Look at you. I… jeez my heart". He bent down to kiss her lips softly. "Here I got something for you". He handed her a box. 

"What is it"? She opened the box and her eyes opened wide.  

"I found these to go with your dress". He pulled out chiffon elbow gloves and helped her to wear them. 

"So pretty, Xav. Thank you. But can you pull them off, I have to wear my shoes". She smiled to pull off the gloves but Xavier stopped her. 

He knelt down on his knees and tapped his thigh for her to put her foot. 

"Xav..". She was surprised. Xavier smiled and helped her put her foot and strapped her heels. One and then another. Caroline pulled him up and kissed him on his lips. It was such an intimate act that made her tear up. 

"And this too". Xavier pulled a little black box from his pocket. 

"Xav. No. This….". Caroline gasped. It wasn't what she was thinking, right?  

"Relax Carl. This isn't a ring. It's a bracelet". He opened the box and Caroline sighed in relief. Xavier clipped the bracelet in her left arm, perfect with her style. 

"Are you ready"? Xavier straightened up. 

"Just a moment". She went to grab her clutch and mobile. "I am ready". She smiled at him. Xavier led her out to the elevator and to the parking lot. 

"What? Limo today"? She was surprised. 

"An exclusive for my lady". He opened the door for her and waited until she was seated inside, and followed her behind. The driver nodded at Xavier and took his seat. Caroline saw the privacy screen sliding up to give them proper secrecy. 

Xavier opened the drawer and poured champagne in two glasses. 

"Wow. It's straight from a movie". She giggled while holding the glass. 

They reached the venue after a half an hour drive. The staff was personally greeting the guests, guiding them to their designated tables. Xavier waited for their turn and stepped out of the car. He didn't let the security hold Caroline's hand, but wrapped his hand around her waist in a protective and possessive manner. 

"Mr. Russell and Ms Heard. Table number 2 in front of the stage sir". Xavier nodded and led Caroline inside. 

"Wow.. It's amazing, Xav". Caroline was amazed to see the building. It could easily accommodate more than 1500 people with a cafeteria, an entertainment room. It had a worship area too. Xavier gave her a quick tour before they were guided to their table. 

"Well, if it isn't the man with the ugliest face". Xavier, who was about to sit down, heard a voice and a wide grin spread on his face. 

"Brock". He hugged the man who teased him.  Caroline was just glancing between them.