Chapter 4

Chapter 4. 

The weekend was beautiful but the office reality was harsh.

Xavier had dropped her to her apartment and went to his place. Although he wanted to drop her to her office, he held himself. He wanted to give her some time to adjust to the new routine. 

Caroline got instantly busy with her meetings and new clients. She had 5 lawyers in her team and then 10 new recruits every 6 months to train and guide them. She would deal with the high profile clients or mostly the companies as a whole. So even if her client line was low, it was more precise, more highly recommended, very expensive and thus required a more sensitive approach. 

The Lawyers were meant to tolerate lies to gain a customer but with Heard Associates, the interns and the lawyers were supposed to sign an affidavit that they won't go for the money only, but they would take care of their oath to speak and support the truth. Hence they were expensive yet trustworthy.

She was busy reading a file that was sent by her assistant and the client was sitting in front of her. A company wanted to hire her as their Official Company Lawyer as the legal advisor. The amount was good but she would never jump right on the spot. She wanted the complete history of the firm and she was satisfied with the terms and conditions. 

"I would like to meet the CEO to sign it". She closed the file and slid it across the table.

"Well. Mr Garcia is out of the country at the moment. I have full authority to sign it on the company's behalf. I have the stamp also. But for your peace of mind I can request him for a call"? The assistant to Mr Garcia told in a calm tone. 

"Not today, I am sorry. I have to attend a meeting. I will expect a call from your CEO tomorrow at 11am. If that's okay"? She said in her professional tone.

"Sure. I will request Mr Garcia to call you at 11am tomorrow. I will be back with the papers to get them signed, once it's settled". He stood up followed by Caroline who shook his hand professionally and waited for him to walk out. 

"Chelsea? Are we ready"? She buttoned up her blazer and nodded to the conference room with her assistant in tow.  

It was her routine to hold a meeting with her teammates and juniors once a week to discuss new clients and proceeding cases. It would help the internees to take precious minutes of meetings to lead with their works. She didn't know how 2 hours passed in a blink, when she came back to her office. It was almost closing time for all so they all left to clear their workplaces while she stayed back for a while. 

"Excuse Me. Delivery for Ms Heard". She looked at the door where the security guard was standing with a delivery boy. 

"Yes. It's me". She was kind of surprised to see a huge bouquet in his hands. He passed the slip to get signed and left with a bow. Caroline nodded at the guard to leave too. 

*For my Lovely Lady*

*Xav xoxoxoxo*

Just two lines on the card were enough to make her grin. The roses were beautiful, had big heads, and they smelled so good. She looked at the card again and those words made her feel special. 

As if the sender knew she would have received it, she heard her phone ringing. 

"Hi". She breathed out. 

"Hi girl.. Let me guess. Someone is happy today". Caroline smiled even more to hear Xavier, all smiling on the phone. 

"Yeah. I just got a beautiful bouquet of french roses. Why won't I be happy"? She replied with a giggle.