I looked briefly at him, noticing that he seemed to have slightly thickened up since the last time I saw him, which made me curious.

It's not that he's gained weight, but rather muscle...

It suits him pretty well...

I shook my head quickly as I realized that we had ended up at a dead end, with a few closed doors.

Leon looked up for a moment and sighed, opening one of the doors with his identification badge as I followed him without hesitation. To my surprise, I realized it was a nearly empty room with a desk and a computer, which I quickly assumed to be his desk based on the few decorations there were.

As he closed the curtains, I leaned curiously over the only picture frame in the room, which contained a photo of him, much younger, with a man wearing a police officer uniform.

Is that his father?

He doesn't look anything like him.

I repetitively looked at the frame and Leon to try to find similarities between the two, but besides their posture in the photo, I found nothing.

I quickly stopped as Leon placed the frame against the table, hiding the photo as he approached me, leaning in and placing his hands on the desk behind me.

I gulped.

"You're being awfully quiet... for someone who just threw me on the ground." he hinted as the corners of my lips lifted slightly, letting out a nervous laugh as I crossed my hands behind my back.

"Well... I told you, I didn't know it was you..." I quickly replied as he nodded, satisfied.

"I know, I just wanted to make sure you were okay..." he implied as I blushed slightly.

I pouted as I scolded myself for not being able to hide my panic when we were with the others.

"Yeah, I think... I'm a little busy right now, but... I'm okay." I responded as he smiled slightly.

A moment followed where we looked at each other for a few seconds, time seeming to stand still as Leon leaned in and calmly placed his hands on my hips, making me shiver slightly at his touch. Our bodies almost pressed together, I could feel his cologne and instinctively leaned closer to him until only a few centimeters separated our faces.

We looked at each other for a long time, our eyes plunging into each other's, each trying to read the other's emotions. I got lost in his, feeling the tension rise for a moment as I felt my breathing quicken.

Suddenly, he took my face in his hands and kissed me passionately. Our lips searched, found, and nibbled each other, seeming unable to part. I could feel his warm breath on my neck, his hand on my nape, and wanted much more as I clung to him, my hands gripping his back as I almost sighed with pleasure.

But as the moment was at its highest, I quickly pulled away as I came back to my senses.

"Do we really have to pretend like we don't know each other...?" I asked him as I searched his gaze, biting my lip slightly as my face still felt red.

He smiled, letting out a sigh as he didn't take his eyes off mine, furrowing his eyebrows slightly.

"I'm sorry." he replied as I backed away even more.

I pouted, slightly disappointed at the idea of having to keep our relationship a secret, even though I understood the reason.

But it had been almost a year since we had been together, almost three long years since we had known each other, and after everything we had gone through together, I thought it would be natural.

As I made it seem like a lot of time had passed and I had work to do, I started to leave, while Leon grabbed me by the arm.

"Hey. Tell me what's wrong instead of just leaving," he asked me as he gave me a questioning look.

I sighed, my heart slightly racing as my mind had already gone miles away.

"I understand that we have to do this, but I... Since I already don't see you often, if we have to act like this... Actually, I'm just asking if all of this makes sense," I revealed, my voice slightly hoarse as his face darkened.

"All of this, you mean us?" he finally asked as I sadly smiled in response, feeling tears welling up in my eyes.

As he reached out his arms, probably to initiate a hug, I politely refused, shaking my head.

"I think I need to be alone for a bit. I'm sorry..." I replied as he dropped his arms.

Our eyes met for a moment, and as he was about to say something, I quickly walked out of the room, my heart feeling too heavy for me to be able to bear it.

As I wandered through the hallways, my eyes slightly red and my nose sniffing a bit as I tried to hold back my tears, hearing a voice calling me from afar.

In the end, it's just the same thing over and over!!

"Hey! Lucy!" I heard again as I didn't turn around, my mind too deep in thought to think about anything.

Why do I feel like despite our efforts, this won't work?

"Lucy!" I heard one last time as I turned around quickly, my features twisted in anger, thinking I was going to see Leon.

However, it wasn't Leon but Will, and my face fell as the only reason I turned around wasn't even there.

As my knees gave out, I began to cry.