4

4| Sick?

Janet's POV
July 25
12:30 PM

Toni is sick again after just getting over her stomach flu. Or maybe she didn't really get over it. This is like the fifth time this month and I have no idea why she gets sick so much. She has been getting sick a lot lately ever since she had Desiree. I told her to go to the hospital to see what's wrong but she said it's just the flu. Stubborn like always. Right now she's in bed, resting until she feels better.

"Mommy is sick again?" Azuree asked me and I nodded. I picked her up and sat her on the counter.

"Yup."

"Mm well tell her to go to the doctor."

"She's not listening to me. You tell her." She nodded her head and I set her onto the floor. I heard her go upstairs into our room. The front door opened, revealing Tamar.

"Hi, Tay."

"Hi, Jan." Tamar went to the store to get Toni some tea and medicine.

"Guess who I saw in the store?" She said as I helped her unload the groceries.

"Who? One of your friends or something?"

"No Evelyn. I bumped into her by accident and she was like where's Toni? So I told her she was home and then we started talking. That's it." I looked at Tamar with my brow rose. She's lying and I'm about to find out the truth.

"Are you sure?" Tamar hesitated for a bit and then began talking.

"Mm well, not really. She told me to tell Toni that she wants to meet with her for lunch one day, before the show airs."

"Lunch??"

"Yes, girl. That's exactly what I said but don't tell Toni, she gon be mad."

"Right-"

"Don't tell me what?" Oh hell!

"Ummm hey, girl." I said and waved at her.

"Don't tell me what, Janet?"

"Huh? Why are you out of bed baby?" I said and gently grabbed her arm. Toni pushed me away and looked between us.

"Janet, I am not playing with you. Somebody better tell me something."

I sighed, "When Tamar was at the store she bumped into Evelyn who then said that she wants to meet up with you for lunch."

"Hell no."

"What else did she say, Tay?" Toni asked her sister.

"She misses you and she's sorry for what she did you do. I think all of it is bullshit but that's what I think." My eyes widened. Not Tamar cursing.

"First of all watch your mouth and it is bullshit. Does she think she can just waltz back into my life? I bet she needs something or just wants a relationship so she can just stab me in the back. She better go get a pet and build a relationship with it. What you be saying Tamar? Get yo life? Well, she better get her life." I laughed and Tamar laughed louder.

"Oh boy. My sister is a comedian." Tamar then went into the backyard with Everest. I heard Toni chuckle and then groan. I looked at her and saw the pain on her face.

"Are you okay baby?"

"No, my chest hurts a bit." I nodded my head and held her hand.

"Yeah because you're sick and you're getting yourself too worked up over Evelyn's old self. Don't worry about her." Toni shook her head and began panting. What is going on?

"Baby."

"I can't- I can't breathe." She started coughing and wheezing. Sliding down the wall she placed her hand on her chest.