0. the star who devoted themself once

THE STAR WHO DEVOTED THEMSELF ONCE. prologue.

𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐅𝐄𝐋𝐋 𝐈𝐍 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐌𝐔𝐒𝐈𝐂 at the ripe age of five.

You remembered the first time you'd get to heard the playing of a guitar. Courtesy to your father who was a former musician back in the days. He was in a band, though his didn't get that much recognition, it was small. Still - at some parts of Japan, the who watched their performance, they were known.

The first time he strummed a chord, your whole body of a child was entranced in some way.

It was at nighttime and in your bed, you couldn't sleep. The walls of your room weren't sound proofed so hearing those melodic sounds outside wasn't that hard, especially since your room was the one near to the backyard. Following those sounds came like a siren's voice, it was hypnotizing in a way that calmed you. You pushed the sliding door to the right to open it, seeing that your father and mother were both sitting on top of a picnic blanket. You couldn't really exactly see what they were doing. With their back facing infront of you, only that your mother had her head resting on your father's shoulder.

" Mama..."

Instinctly upon hearing your voice, your mother and father turned their head to your direction. Both pair of eyes confused for a second. She looked at your figure and back to your father who has his attention towards her too before she sighed and smiled, gesturing her hand for you to come and you complied quietly, a small yawn you let out.

" Did Papa wake you up, pumpkin? " She pulled you into her lap and gently ruffled your hair. You shook your head. " I can't sleep, Mama. And then I heard this sound. " You slowly turned your head to the strange object your father was holding. It looked foreign and was nothing you've ever seen before. " Papa, " Sleepy curious eyes were focused towards the older man's, head tilted unconsciously. " What is that? "

" It's a guitar, [name]. " You hummed and looked at the body of the newfound name, object in that matter before nodding your head. Your eyes were starting to droop slowly and in your childish mind, you told yourself to make sure that you'd remind him to play and teach you once more, and to tell your dark haired friend about the interesting thing that you've found. You didn't even have the consciousness to notice that your father sang, his voice and the guitar luring you to a peaceful sleep.

On that day, you decided to take an interest towards the musical instrument your father was holding.

Learning the instrument was arduous. Especially when your fingers were still a bit chubby and undeveloped, reaching two or more frets and strings to form various chords with your fingers was still hard. And yet, being young didn't even have given you the urge to give up.

And frankly, music was your first love.

You used your voice and talent of playing the guitar to show your devotion. Each words that vibrated on your throat, the contact either your finger or pick would make against the strings - in sync. If music was a person, you'd fall in love with them all over again and wouldn't mind if you spent days singing and playing just for their attention.

That's why when middle school came and clubs were taken mind of, you did not hesitate to join the music club. You didn't expect that there were only a few who joined the club. Besides you, there were only four.

Infront of the door you stood, greeted by the sight of four students, three had the same expression as you, an awkward look, while the other one had an excited face. You clutched the body of your guitar around your chest. A boy had a weird bright green hair, his name was Sawano Kanoko, he said that his locks were natural. The other boy standing next to him was extremely tall, the tallest one out of all of you. He was Takahashi Rui. The girl who had pretty sleepy eyes was Yamamoto Yuri. Lastly, the boy on the right side of the girl who seemed to shine brighter than the sun, his energy and hair wise was Kimura Akio.