Family Matters

So I like Honkai: Star Rail.

Decided to write some stuff about it and thought I'd post it up for folks. All this stuff is just mini sort of hangout events I thought up in my mind that could happen on the Astral between the Male MC and the rest of the cast.

These aren't the script format, or a reader insert. Overall I regret that writing technique and wanted to try writing a book like an actual normal person. The male trailblazer is canonically called Caelus, so that will be the name used in this.

I might make more of these? I focused only on the main Astral family in this piece, but could maybe keep going and do some for each cast of the planets.

No promises though.

In any case, I made a thing. I hope you enjoy the thing, and I know said thing is out of nowhere but I like writing things for stuff I like so yeah.

Spoilers for the entire storyline of version 1.0 in this also.

~~~~~~~~~~

"I believe that's checkmate once again"
Welt placed down the chess piece proudly, adjusting his glasses as Caelus leaned back in his chair groaning.
"I can tell you're enjoying this" Caelus let out with a look of displeasure. Welt chuckled under his breath, beginning to reorganize the chess pieces back into their places on the board. In the background, the frozen planet of Jarilo-VI stayed ever in view, the Astral Express orbiting it for the time being as these two played their games.
"If it's any consolation, you play far better than March. Pom-Pom too. With a bit more practice...you might actually best me" Welt replied, a sincere smile on his face. Caelus let out a reluctant sigh as he took a semblance of solace in Welt's encouragement, the brown haired Mr. Yang continuing to speak. "Although I am still rather curious on why you asked to play in the first place"
"Well, I gotta find something to pass the time between jumps. It was either this or try and sit through Qingque explaining another one of those crazy tile games of hers..." Caelus responded, the two trailblazers sharing a small chuckle before the newcomer continued. "...and well, I thought it might be a chance to chat a bit outside of the expeditions. Himeko told me you hadn't had the chance to play in quite a while. I'm still pretty new on the Express so I'm still learning a lot about everyone"
"Really? And what have you learned so far?" Welt replied, the fresh outlook on the Express and its passengers intriguing him as he awaited a response. Caelus pondered for a moment.
"Well...Himeko loves to gossip FAR too much, Dan Heng is a nightmare to bunk with, and March-"
"Somebody call for me?" a girly voice spoke out, Welt and Caelus suddenly noticing March pulling up a chair nearby to them. She leaned up against the table, her hands holding her chin as she looked at them both inquisitively.
"March...is a pleasure to be around?" Cealus finished.
"What's with that question response?!" March replied alarmed, giving the newest addition to their crew a pout of displeasure as he looked back at her nervously.
"And better yet, why are you two spending our relaxation time playing this old thing?"
"March isn't the biggest chess fan. I tried to teach her a while back to...minimal success" Welt replied to Caelus.
"Look, its ridiculous tryna remember where all the pieces can or can't go, okay!?" March protested back, Caelus trying to hide the teasing grin on his face as the pink haired girl continued to speak. "My point is why play that when we have so many more options? You know we can project holograms all over the cabins remotely from these right?" March continued, holding her phone up to view for the others.
"You got games on your phone?" Caelus replied, his curiosity piqued and his eyes wide.
"Duh! Although last time I tried to get anyone to compete, only Mr. Yang seemed interested. You up for the challenge newbie?"
"Like you even have to ask! How about it, Welt? Wanna try with me? Might actually be able to beat you at this thing"
Caelus looked to Welt, with him letting out a small chuckle before nodding.
"Why not? Let it never be said that I wasn't one with an open mind to these things"
"Awesome! Just lemme go check with Pom-Pom to make sure it's okay. Back in a sec!" March spoke back, hoping up to her feet happily and rushing off to find the conductor. Once again, the two were left alone, Welt packing away the chess pieces for the time being to ensure they wouldn't go flying during the next jump they made.
"Sorry we couldn't get to talk as much as we wanted. You know March..." Caelus began to Welt.
"That I do. Don't worry, we'll have plenty of time to talk in the coming days, and I look forward to seeing how you view our little family here as time passes"
The two shared a small smile, March quickly returning with the conductor in tow as she discussed her plans excitedly, Pom-Pom barely able to get a word in as she begged him to let them have their fun for the afternoon.