Chapter fity seven

Start from the beginning

Suddenly, he is flying Upward onto his feet.

"Come, Potter. This is not where
you want to be right now..."

As Moody jerks him away, the world behind swims like a watercolor: Karkaroff, stopping dead at the sight of
Cedric absently playing his fingers over the inside of his left arm... Amos Diggory wailed then dropped, keening over his son's body.

Cho, standing frozen, tears streaming down her horror-stricken face...
And Hermione and Ron, fighting their way through the teeming crowd, unable to reach Harry, the madness too thick.

"Poor girl..." Docras muttered, she could never imagine losing Marlene. She didn't want to, she would rather die.

[The screen changes to show Moody leading Harry inside his office]

He slams shut the door and deposits Harry on the huge trunk. His tongue flicks excitedly over his lower lip as he steps back, and eyes Harry.

The great hall was silent, waiting to see what would happen next.

"Does it hurt?"

"Oh no it doesn't." Regulus rolls his eyes, what a stupid question.

Harry shook his head and glance around the room, "Not so much now."

"Perhaps I'd better take a look at it."

"The cup was a portkey. Someone had bewitched it."

Moody looks up at Harry a strange look on his face, "What was it like? What was he like?"

"Who?"

"The dark lord. What was it like to stand in his presence?"

"I dunno. It was like I'd fallen into one of my dreams. One of my nightmares."

Mad-Eye starts shaking and struggling for air, he reaches for his bottle but it's empty. He rushes to a chest with other bottles and struggles to find one.

"Were there others? In the graveyard, were there others?"

"He didn't mention a graveyard." Remus points out, eyes wide.

James narrows his eyes at the screen, "Yeah... How does he know that."

Harry stammered. "I—I— I don't think I said anything about a graveyard Professor."

Harry slowly turned to look at Moody,

"Marvellous creatures dragons aren't they? Do you think that miserable oaf would have led you into the woods if I hadn't suggested it?" moody begins rummaging through his bottles, "Do you think Cedric Diggory would have told you to hold the egg under the water if I hadn't have told him first myself? Do you think Neville Longbottom the witless wonder could have provided you with gilliweed if I hadn't have given him the book that led you straight to it? Huh??"

Gasps were heard.

"It was him all along."

"Bloody hell."

"It was you from the beginning. You put my name in the goblet of fire. You bewitched Krum. But..."

Mad-Eye makes sobbing noises making fun of Harry.

"You won because I made it so Potter. You ended up in that graveyard tonight because it was meant to be so. And now the deed is done." Moody grabs Harry injured arm. "The blood that runs through these veins runs within the dark lord. Imagine how he will reward me when he learns that I have once and for all silenced the great Harry Potter."