drunk text • [beomgyu]

When we are hurt or longing for something our true selves come out, it is somehow never the opposite.

••••

Pain tolerance. It differs from person to person, and is commonly allotted to physical pain.

However, you have known that pain tolerance exists well in the emotions you feel. You were great at taking painful ordeals and you prided yourself on the fact that you had a high pain tolerance both physically and emotionally.

But for some reason, it takes merely one person for you to end up caving into something some people may find a painless interaction.

"Y/n, I like you." You were bothered by words that should seem like a sanctuary.

You've been in love with him for so long, and you were not his angel number wish. You were his 2am drunk text confession.

As he fell asleep, you stared at your ceiling and the only words you could utter were, "I wish you were sober, Beomgyu."

After that night, you were deep within your emotions, you thought about his words for so long, wishing to them to be genuine.

With such a longtime friendship with Beomgyu, you were scared you were gonna lose him if he were ever in the right state to speak those words. You realized more and more how deep your feelings were for him.

Frankly, when you thought about it, you were reaching a situation where you wouldn't be able to handle it very well.

So as a solution, you shut the problem out. You ignored your feelings and made excuses to yourself that you were okay.

Beomgyu acted fine the next time you met with him, and it only hurt you more every second that you don't know if he feels the same.

It hurt you with the way he let those words slip through so easily, you just wished he was sober then.

You tried to think about everything else, but nothing worked. You couldn't even get drunk because every time you saw a bottle of soju, all you could think about were Beomgyu's words that were a mystery to you. If his words saying he liked you had any weight on him.

You wanted it to be that way, you badly wanted to ask him about it but refrained as in your mind he probably wouldn't even remember saying anything.

Yet again. You did what you were good at, tolerating pain while ignoring the puzzling questions that you had.

This went on for about a week as you two were together, taking all the pain while you weren't aware if he was experiencing the same thing.

•••

One night, you were at a small house party hosted by your friends and you were feeling tipsy at this point. Getting drunk was never your main goal nor did it occur to you often, so Beomgyu immediately noticed that you went off on the alcohol.

The party was nowhere near finishing but you decided you wanted to go home, and this made Beomgyu worried. You were going to be alone, practically drunk, and vulnerable and made him so nervous that he demanded to take you home.

"I'm fine on my own." He knew you well enough to know how much alcohol you drank, and you were barely getting your words out. You were in fact very drunk.