Chapter 4

TSOWÄL POV:

TSOWÄL POV:

Three months had passed since I had last spoken to the two. My friendship with Ronal ended abruptly three months ago. My mother had said it was time to forgive them, but I wasn't going to give her the benefit of the doubt.

I would have thought about it, but that was before I remembered that they had kept it a secret from me for a month. It was difficult to avoid them, especially since Tonowari was my brother and Ronal was constantly with my mother.

So the only way to avoid them is to stay very busy. I began training to be a warrior because I didn't want to be the boy who was betrayed by his brother and his best friend. I wanted to be something more, and I couldn't if I was stuck in the past.

Speaking of warriors, I had just finished my session for the day and was on my way home. My body ached so badly that I just wanted to lie down and sleep forever. But I suppose life couldn't provide that either because what I witnessed was heartbreaking.

I walked down to the beach to see my brother and Ronal together. I frown as I observe them conversing and smiling at each other. I felt betrayed all over again, and I couldn't watch them together, not now, not ever.

I went straight home to talk to my mother before they could do anything else to irritate me. When I got home, I saw her preparing dinner. She smiled as she saw me come in.

"Hello, son, what's the matter?" She said this with a frown on her face as she looked at me. "I'd like to join the warriors this year and begin my training." I said, and she gave me a look. "Does this have anything to do with your brother and Ronal?" I scoffed when she asked.

"For once in my life, I'd like to do something that doesn't have to involve them. This is something I'm doing for myself." I told her that, while half of it was a lie, the other half was true. I needed to get away from it all and concentrate on myself. I could tell my mother wasn't buying what I was saying, but I didn't care.

"Fine, if this is what you want, then I will inform them that you will be joining them this year. But, son, are you aware that you'll be gone for four years?" She asked, and I nodded, four years to avoid the two.

"Of course, and this is exactly what I want." I said, and she gave me a look before nodding. " Okay." That was all she said to me before getting up. We walked out and were met by Ronal and Tonowari, who were staring at us.

I turned to face Ronal, who was already looking at me. I shifted my gaze away from her and nodded at my mother before walking away from everyone. I thought Ronal was going to cry when she looked down. But I didn't notice because I had already gone around the corner.

RONAL'S POV:

I watched him leave before looking at his mother who was avoiding eye contact with me and Tonowari. When she finally looked at us she had a sad expression on her face and I knew something was wrong.

"What is wrong, mother?" Tonowari asked and I wanted to know as well." Nothing is wrong, it's just that your brother has decided to join the warriors this year." Once she said that my eyes widened, everyone knows it takes 4 years to come back.

"Does he know that it will be for 4 years?" I asked and I hated how everyone was now looking at me like they pity me." Yes I'm so sorry sweetheart." She told me and I instantly walked away to go find Tsowäl.

I knew he was hurt but I never knew he was this hurt to the point where he wanted to leave. I walked all over the village hoping to find him, and I eventually did. I saw him sitting by the water with his spear in his hand, sharpening it.

I speed walk towards him. I couldn't lose him not right now. When I finally made it towards him he looked up and stared at me before going back to his spear.

"Tsowäl, we need to talk." I said and he didn't make the effort to even look at me." Tsowäl, Please I am not going to allow you to leave without talking to me." I said and he looked at me, with hatred in his eyes. The one emotion that I hate on him, specially when it's directly towards me.

"There is nothing that I have to say to you, Ronal. For once things in my life, the things that I do, don't have to involve you in it." He said and my heart broke at that. Was he really going to end our friendship like that after all the things we've been through?

"Tsowäl, I didn't have a choice in this. Our parents made this decision for us. I didn't ask for this." I told him, I never wanted to mate with his brother one day." And yet you still went along with it anyway. You went as far as to keep it from me for a month and for what?" He asked and I looked down." I just didn't want to see you hurt." I mumbled to him and he scoffed." Well then Mission failed. You hurted me either way." He said before getting up and walking away.

Tears fell from my face as I watched him disappear between the trees. I wrap my arms around myself before heading back home. Why has my life come to this? Why must I suffer?

If he was willing to play this game then so be it.

Two days later, Tsowäl had his things packed and ready to go for the trip. Tsowäl's mother came up to him as he put his things on his Skimwing. Opä smiled at him as he hugged her.

"I'm going to miss you, my sweet boy." She said as he looked at her." Me too." He said as he looked and saw his brother coming towards them." I better get going." He said and she frowned at him.

"He's your brother, the least you can do is say goodbye to him." She told him and he sighs before standing straight." I will miss you brother." Tonowari said as Tsowäl looked at his mother before looking at him.

"Take care of Ronal." Tsowäl said and Tonowari frowned before nodding. Tsowäl got on his Skimwing as he saw Ronal watching him from a distance. He closed his eyes before looking ahead.

He took off with the rest of the warriors in the water. Tsowäl looked at his home before leaving the reef and away from home.

This was so short 😭