I hadn't expected him to be the happy boy I had grown to love after his father died. However, it turned out that all he needed was someone to be there for him. And I was overjoyed to be that person, to make him smile and laugh again.

I watched as Tsowäl emerged from the water and placed the shells on the sand. He smiled as he looked up at me. He sat next to me, his hair pulled back.

"How do you feel about these?" He asked, and I smiled as I looked at the shells. "I like it; you have a good eye." I teased, and he smirked before stuffing the shells into his bag. " So, what are you going to do now?" He asked, and I began to consider what else we could do together.

I mean, I've always wanted to sit with him and watch the sunset. That's what I was going to ask next, but someone called my name before I could. We both turned around to see that it was my mother who was calling.

I looked at Tsowäl and apologized, telling him I had to leave. I rose from my seat and approached my mother. I followed her and realized she wasn't going home. We went to Tsowäl's house. When I arrived, I saw that my parents, the chief, Opä, and Tonowari were also present.

As I stood beside Tonowari, I gave them a puzzled look. I looked at him to see what was going on, but he was also puzzled.

"I know you two are confused as to why you've come here, but hopefully when we tell you, you'll feel a lot better." Opä informed us, and I looked more confused than ever. "What exactly is going on?" Tonowari questioned, and I was curious as well.

"Son, I spoke with Ronal's parents about something that involves you two." Opä said, and we waited for her to finish what she was saying. "As you know, your father died when you were young, and Mawzo took his place until you reached the age of consent." She said this as my parents looked at me.

"And you're getting close to the age where you'll need a mate." My eyes widened as Opä said this. Why did they call me if they were questioning him about this?" And?" Tonowari asked. "And that's where Ronal comes in." She said, and I shook my head, realizing why I was here.

"No, I can't." I told them no, shaking my head. My parents would never agree, and I was already in love with someone else. Tsowäl was the only man who filled my heart, and getting involved with his brother would feel like betraying him.

"Ronal." My mother called out to me and reached for my arm, but I pushed her away. How could they do this to me, forcing me to be with someone I don't even like? " Ronal, the clan desperately needs a new Tsahìk." My father was now speaking to me. I didn't hear anything else as I ran out of the hut in tears.

ꔌꔌꔌꔌꔌ

RONAL POV:

I sobbed my heart out near the rocks by the waves. Why would my parents force me to be with someone I wasn't in love with? How was I going to tell Tsowäl? What will his reaction be to this decision? Did he love me as much as I loved him? Would it matter if I was with his brother?

I jumped up when I realized I wasn't the only one here. When I looked up, I saw that it was Tonowari. As he sat next to me, I returned my gaze to the sea.

"How could they do this to us?" When I asked him, he looked at me. "I wish I had answers for you, but I don't." He said this as more tears streamed down my cheeks. "Are you all right?" I looked at him when he asked me that question. Did I appear normal to him? My life was ruined the moment those words were spoken to me.