Saturday Night

I walk up the familiar front steps, and knock on the familiar front door. A while after, a familiar face opens the door.

"Travis?"

"Hey."

He moves aside and lets me in. "Why're you here?"

"I got kicked out, for the weekend."

I watched as anger formed on Phillip's face. I walk in and set down my bag. "What the fuck is wrong with him!" 

I comb a hand through my hair, and I glance at him. "A lot. He tried to throw a bottle at my head.."

"What the fuck?!" Phillip stares at me in disgust. I slowly nod. I didn't let Phillip know that I have scars on my palms because of a beer bottle that was thrown at my head.

"I fucking hate him. I seriously wish I could do something Travis."

I stare Phillip in the eyes. "Let me stay here." 

Phillip opens his mouth, trying to say something, closes it, then opens it again. "I- Travis- You know I would if I could." He walks into the living room and sits down. 

Sadness surges through my body. I drag my feet over to the couch and I finally sit down next to him. "I know." 

Phillip sighs. "I'm sorry. I really am. You know how my parents are. They don't even know you're here right now since they're off on a business trip for the weekend. But you know if you stayed here, they would kick you out." 

I lean my head back on the head of the couch. "Yep. I know too fucking well, Phil."

"Maybe, if you didn't hate everyone in school, someone would help you. Let you stay with him-"

"Him?! Phillip you better not be fucking talking about who I think you are."

"I'm just saying-"

"I am not befriending Sal Fisher! Did you know that fag was trying to talk to me yesterday?!" 

Phillip glances at me and shakes his head. "No?" 

"...He would hate me as a roommate."

Phillip cocks his head and grins. "What does that mean?"

My hands go into tight fists, and I struggle to say what I don't want to say. "If, me and Fisher somehow become friends... I'll... I'll ask."

Phillip beams. "Really?!"

"... It's only to get away from father."