Picture to burn

As I sat by the bonfire watching the pictures burn I knew that it was another one come and gone.

Now many may think that since the break up I have been sad. Heartbroken even, but really I just think it's a breath of fresh air. I do look back on our time together though. It's very obvious that I didn't get the picture perfect fantasy of a relationship. But then again who does?

I think of the person he was and realize he loved himself more than he could ever love me. A very narcissistic person who couldn't share any of the love for himself with me. I learned shortly afterward that he told all his friends I was "obsessive", "clingy" and "crazy". I mean he wasn't wrong about the crazy part though. Honestly though that's fine and I hope he doesn't mind that I told all my friends that he was gay. :)

And to be honest it was getting a bit tiring to always be the passenger princess. He had a huge black pick up truck that he never let me drive because in his words, "Women don't drive trucks" and "Women are terrible drivers so I would ruin his truck." Alpha male energy at it's finest there. I don't understand how I never saw it until now. His country accent always got on my nerves and he never wanted to do stuff with me. He always went fishing and drinking with his friends late at night.

I believe that's how he met her one night. See he was quite the player until I met him. I was the longest relationship he had ever had and a lot of people had warned me when we were in the early stages that about this time was when he usually cheated or snapped. I guess I was a lucky one and lasted a bit longer than most. He did go drinking one night though so I went out shopping and when I came back to our apartment he was black out drunk and in bed with another girl. I guess that's where he got the "crazy" from. Because after I saw them I flipped and kicked them both out.

Never let him back in the apartment to get his stuff cause I struck a match and burned it all. That was a fun girls night! After that night though he kept saying that it was her fault and that he didn't know what was happening. A very bad liar too. There were some huge red flags that I missed and I laugh at it now.

There was never time for tears just sitting at home plotting. Revenge was the only thing on my mind after the rumors he spread after we broke up. I got revenge when he cheated but the rumors were another thing that I needed to fight fire with fire. That's when it came to me. I was sitting in my room plotting a few days after our break up and I had a bunch of missed calls and texts from my friends asking me if I was ok and if I ever needed them they were there. Everyone thought that I was miserable and heartbroken.

There was one text message though that came through and I got my idea for revenge. It came from one of his best friends. He said that he felt sorry for me and that he was being a real jerk but "bro's" have to stick together but he didn't want me to think of him as a bad person and he cared how I felt. So I should reach out to him when I want to. It was a sweet thing and he was a sweet guy and from what the text sounded like he was interested in me. Nothing was stopping me from going out with his best friends!

The next day I got a call from him practically begging to get back together and that he was sorry. I wasn't going to fall for it again though so I hung up on him and later that day he showed up at our door begging again. I called my dad over though who only lived five minutes away from me. So my dad came and showed him how sorry he should be. It was kind of scary but entertaining none the less. Next time when he's missing me he better keep it to himself because next time he come's around here it won't end so well.

Eventually I got with his friend and he was livid! He found out because we showed up together at his party. Now watching the bonfire in his backyard with his friend as my new boyfriend as far as I'm concerned he was just another picture to burn.

~~~♡~~~~~♡~~~~~♡~~~~~♡~~~~~♡~~~~~♡~~~~~♡~~~~~♡~~~~~♡~~~

𝓗𝓲 𝓼𝔀𝓲𝓯𝓽𝓲𝓮𝓼! 𝓗𝓸𝓹𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓮𝓷𝓳𝓸𝔂𝓮𝓭 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓼𝓽𝓸𝓻𝔂 𝓪𝓰𝓪𝓲𝓷 𝓫𝓮𝓬𝓪𝓾𝓼𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮 𝔀𝓲𝓵𝓵 𝓫𝓮 𝓶𝓪𝓷𝔂 𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓮. 𝓢𝓸𝓶𝓮𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓘 𝔀𝓸𝓾𝓵𝓭 𝓵𝓲𝓴𝓮 𝓽𝓸 𝓼𝓪𝔂 𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓸𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝓲𝓼 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓾𝓼𝓾𝓪𝓵𝓵𝔂 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓵𝓲𝓷𝓮 𝓲𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓼𝓸𝓷𝓰 𝓲𝓼 "𝓣𝓱𝓪𝓽'𝓼 𝓯𝓲𝓷𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝔀𝓸𝓷'𝓽 𝓶𝓲𝓷𝓭 𝓲𝓯 𝓘 𝓼𝓪𝔂" 𝓫𝓾𝓽 𝓲𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓼𝓽𝓸𝓻𝔂 𝓘 𝓾𝓼𝓮𝓭 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓵𝓲𝓷𝓮 𝓯𝓻𝓸𝓶 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓸𝓻𝓲𝓰𝓲𝓷𝓪𝓵 𝓿𝓮𝓻𝓼𝓲𝓸𝓷 𝓸𝓯 𝓟𝓲𝓬𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮 𝓽𝓸 𝓫𝓾𝓻𝓷 𝔀𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓵𝓲𝓷𝓮 𝓲𝓼 "𝓘'𝓵𝓵 𝓽𝓮𝓵𝓵 𝓶𝓲𝓷𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓰𝓪𝔂" 𝓘 𝓱𝓸𝓹𝓮 𝓷𝓸 𝓸𝓷𝓮 𝓲𝓼 𝓸𝓯𝓯𝓮𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓭 𝓫𝔂 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓵𝓵 𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓰𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓼𝓽𝓸𝓻𝔂 𝓲𝓯 𝓼𝓸. 𝓗𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪𝓷 𝓪𝓶𝓪𝔃𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓭𝓪𝔂! <3