chapter six| 5 senses

Start from the beginning

"Wait. West 96?" Elaina asked, praying Kirby was say no.

"Yeah, how'd you know?" Kirby asked, looking at the kid.

"Gale." Elaina, Sam, and Tara all said at once.

Elaina shot up from her seat.

"Woah, where are you going?" Chad asked, as she opened the van door.

"I need to go help her. I guarantee you that's what Sam and Tara are doing." Elaina replied.

Before Chad could say anything, Ethan spoke. "Hey, be careful. Please."

It was his sister, not his father. She would be fine, safe. The Kirsh daughter was someone who stuck to the plan.

"We won't be too far behind them." Kirby said. "I love you, kiddo. Be careful."

Elaina rushed out, going to find Sam and Tara. She caught up with them pretty fast, the girls running ahead of Detective Bailey.

"My friend works over there. He can get there quicker." Sam said, pulling out her phone to call Danny.

Bailey quickly shot her idea down. "Yeah, or he could finish her off. Is it possible he could be the killer?"

Sam put her phone down, realising Bailey could be right. "Fuck. We have to get there now."

"No shit." Elaina snapped. "Fuck, sorry. I'm trying not to be bitchy, I really am."

"It's okay, Lain. You're fine." Tara insisted.

Tara sped up, Elaina following her friend.

Bailey stopped Sam. "We have to think. Wait a minute."

"We don't have a minute! Gale's a pain in the ass, but we can't let her die. If anything, Elaina needs her back in her life. We have to save her." Sam said.

Bailey hesitated. "We have to make the right call."

"Sam!" Tara shouted, honking Bailey's cop car.

Elaina was in the passenger seat, locking eyes with Sam, pleading her to hurry.

Sam quickly ran, joining the two younger girls in the car.

Bailey was lost. "Hey, what are you guys doing? Get out of my car!"

Elaina shouted, "Sorry, man. We gotta save her. Maybe if you ran faster, you could've came! Try going on morning runs!"

Bailey ignored the Cooper's comment. "That's an official vehicle. Hey!"

Elaina rolled the window up, cutting them out from the detective. "Should we use the sirens?"

"Did you really think we were gonna steal a police car and not use the sirens?" Tara smirked.

A 20 minute drive turned into a 10 minute drive, thanks to Tara.

"Let me out here." Elaina demanded, not wanting to wait to park the car.

"What? No." Sam said. "The killer's up there."

"So is Gale. I will never forgive myself if she dies and I was this close to her. I need to be with her, even if I can't protect her." Elaina explained, praying they would say yes.

Sam knew how much Elaina cared for Gale, and there was no saying no. Elaina would hop out the car even if they didn't stop. "Tara, pull over. Elaina Cooper, you better be careful."

"I will." Elaina nodded, before leaving the police car and running to the stairs. The elevator would take too long, Elaina assumed.

Elaina was almost at Gale's apartment when she heard her scream. "Oh fuck."