Chapter 1:- Past

Hello, Lovies!!💛
This is my first time writing a story. I hope I would be able to express my ideas and imagination in written form.
I hope you will like it❤️

Please ignore if there are any spelling mistakes or grammatical errors 🤍

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Aarushi's pov

"See our Ms. World is finally awake." Her mother said sarcastically.

" Why are you late?? Don't you know that I have to go to the office?? Because of you, mumma had to cook the breakfast." Vivaan who is a mumma's boy shouted at her and she just kept her head hung low. This was not new to her.

"But I am just 5 minutes late." she gathered the courage and finally spoke, looking up. Radhika fumed in anger and harshly grab her face between her thumb and fingers, making her mouth form an O.

"So now you will back answer me?? Huh?? Don't forget what I can do." She spat the words and left her. "Before having breakfast, do all the household chores." She commanded and got back to eating her breakfast.

Aarushi started doing all the household chores with tears in her eyes. She should not cry because she was used to this kind of behavior from her stepmother and stepbrother.

Today she reached her office late because after doing the household chores, her mother forced her to eat breakfast, even though she was already late.
---------------------------------------------------
She knocked on the door and went inside when she heard come in.

"You are late Aarushi." Rajveer, her pervert boss spoke, while eyeing her from top to bottom.

"I-i am sorry sir." She shifted uncomfortably in her place, under his lustful gaze.

"Sorry won't work. Today you have to do overtime. Okay?" He said as he got up and stood in front of her.

" Okay, Aarushi??" He asked as he kept his hand on her shoulder and massaged it a bit.

"O-okay" she stammered because of his dirty touch, while her tears made their way out, making Rajveer smirk. "Go and wipe those tears. We have the conference meeting." She quickly ran away from there and made her way to the bathroom.

She went into one cubicle and closed the commode before sitting on it, letting her tears flow freely.

#FLASHBACK#

"Papa?? Why are you crying?? And where is mumma??" She asked innocently as she wiped her father's tears which were getting continuously replaced by the new ones.

Instead of saying anything he hugged her and cried hard.

"Aaru, now your mumma is in a better place. Up there in the sky. See there is your mumma." He pointed towards the stars in the sky. He had brought her to their terrace.

"So, now mumma is a star?" she looked at her father and he nodded his head as yes. "Pappa, so now mumma will never come to me again?" She asked as her eyes became teary at the loss.

"No, Aarushi. But she will always look after you from up there. She will always be with you." Radhika spoke in a honey-coated voice. "Aarushi, you are a strong girl, right?? Then why are you crying? Your mumma won't like it dear." She further added and Aarushi quickly wiped her tears and spoke while looking at the stars. "Mumma, see now I am not crying. I am your strong girl. Mumma, don't worry, I will take care of myself and Papa too"