House That Stands Still

Start from the beginning

These are the new gems they found. I was fortunate to find a skilled man from the capital to work on my design.

Would it be too much if I also ask for this design?

We will be honored to have such a lady wearing our gem.

"Our apologies, do you feel left out, Your Highness?", Arabella noticed him just drinking his tea. "The tea was brewed well so I was just enjoying it", he was able to look for a reason. "How about His Highness also talks about what he likes to do?", Olivia asked shyly.

The daughter of the house of Saphire. She's never done anything that would cause an uproar in her family. Generally, she's a role model to noble women.

"I would stay at my terrace and gaze at the stars", the atmosphere was all warm so Edel had his guard down. He suddenly realized he had just given himself away. The ladies were all silent. "That's an interesting thing to do, Your Highness. The stars should be happy that you are paying them that much attention", Olivia commented as she was the one who asked. "How about you, Sir Kirstein?", Arabella shifted the attention to the knight. The prince also prepared to listen to the answer. "That is a tough question for me to answer, Lady Eliot", Raziel bowed her head.

Was it because she wasn't given time for leisure? What kind of life have you been living?

"I guess Sir Kirstein has so much that he couldn't choose one. What was the first thing that entered your mind?", Arabella gave a gentle smile. "Well, I like having a conversation with my father and my sister", Raziel answered. "By the way, Lady Kirstein doesn't join much of the high society's gathering. Maybe I should send an invitation", Arabella is trying to get on the good side of the brother. "She just had a lot going on. Also, she needs to stay with her father", she pointed out. "My apologies for opening such a topic in your presence, Your Highness", Arabella saw a smirk on the Crown Prince's face. "Don't mind. She's just someone who was once considered to be the Empress", Edel also wanted to ask the girl why she was withdrawn. He prepared himself to get acquainted with her three years ago but she just called it off. 

After such time, the boat went back to the shore. "That was fun, Your Highness", Arabella bowed. "My gratitude, Your Highness. May you stay healthy until we meet again", Olivia also gave her bow. Sienna was left standing behind Edel. "Your Highness", she called.

I rehearsed this hundreds of times but why can't I just say it?

"Is there anything bothering you?", Edel noticed her being fidgety. "Unlike those two, I was not raised in Arden. I don't want to doubt His Majesty's decision but I want to know why am I also a candidate?", Sienna bowed very low. "I told you not to bow like a slave but I think you were also raised like that in the Empire of the North. Lady Scarlet, you are free to reject the candidacy. I will not force someone to stay by my side", the prince assured the lady of her possible choice. 

Few days after

Mountain- Royal Hunting

"It's the time of year. I'd rather spend my time with the ladies of the house", Elaine pouted and looked at his brother proudly riding the horse. She was also taught by his brother to ride the horse so that no man would think they needed to ride it with her. "If you get tired, you can always ride with me, Your Highness", Glen offered. Edel cleared his throat. "That's so kind of you, Duke Glen", she gave a wide smile.