Chapter 1: About My Past

Hey, thank you for giving 'I Care' a chance, just a few reminders.

1. This is my first book and English isn't my first language so the grammar isn't always perfect.

2. This story is based on imagination and is fictional. The characters, organization, events and scenarios that resembles reality is only coincidental. The personality of the characters are only made up for entertainment purposes and is not intended to represent the characters in real life.

3. The first few chapters can be badly written but I promise it will get better throughout the book.
————————

Isabella

My mother always said "be good and nice things will happen", well I can tell you that's some bullshit.

My mother was a great person, she was always busy with helping people, working in the hospital and taking care of me and my brothers. My dad on the other hand was never home, he was never at work either. He just goes to a bar in the morning and doesn't come home till midnight, and that happens like five or six times a week.

My brothers were a lot away too, but that's because they're racing in formula 2 and formula 1, if they had a break they always came home and help me and mom cleaning the house, but one day everything became different.

Mom got sick. Like really sick. And of course our dad was nowhere to be found. He always had a reason why he didn't come but I expected that when his wife was laying in the hospital he would come, I was wrong about that.

Our mother laid in the hospital for weeks, even months. And then we got the news we were all afraid to hear, our mom wasn't getting better. She only had a week, maybe even a few days left. Then the day came, the day that she died. We all knew she would die one of these days but it was still one of the hardest moments of our life.

The one person who helped me in difficult times was gone. Forever. And my dad, I don't want to see him ever again, in these few months mom was in the hospital he didn't show up. Not even one time.

•••

It's been almost a year since mom passed away, my brothers and I got even closer then we were before and my father only got angrier and angrier.

In the past year I have lived with Charles because my father became abusive and did some things to me, Arthur came a lot by the house too and we visited mom's grave a few times but it was really tough. When we were at her grave we just brought up some of our favorite memories and light up a candle.

My best friend Avery helped me a lot throughout this year. And she made one of my wishes came true today, she just bought a house and asked me to live with her. Since we were kids we wanted to live together, have double dates and all that stuff.

I can still remember a boy from my past too, i met him when we were on vacation. I was seven and went to the park on the resort we were with my mom, Charles and Arthur. While my brothers were making friends and everything I was just sitting on a bench, I was that shy girl who never said anything to anyone she didn't know. Then suddenly a boy came and sat next to me, he asked if I wanted to be friends because he was alone and everyone thought he was weird.

We played for like the whole week we were there, but on the last day he needed to go home early. His mom came walking towards us and said they needed to go, that's when he gave me a hug. I felt happy in that moment because I knew I made my first real friend, he gave me one of his matching bracelets that he'd bought the day before so we could search for each other when we were older. The bracelet he gave me was made from gold and had the phrase
'you are my sunshine' on it, I planned to never take it off.

Now 15 years later I still wear the bracelet he gave me that day, I can't remember his name right now but I wonder if he still wears my bracelet too. It doesn't matter tho because I'm never gonna see him ever again.

"Isabella you know I really like the old you, but damn the new you is fucking amazing" Avery said, I laughed a little at her enthusiasm.

We were getting ready for tonight, Avery thought it would be a good idea to have a party since we have a new house. And of course I agree, since my mom passed away I've gone from shy and sweet to a cold person who doesn't give a fuck about anything.

"Are your brothers coming too?" She asks me, "Charles wouldn't want to miss this for the world but Arthur isn't that much of a party guy so I guess he's not coming" I tell her.

I still find it odd that Charles and I have more things in common than Arthur and I, I mean twins are supposed to be kinda alike and yes we look alike but that's it. We don't even have one interest in common, well we both hate our father but that doesn't count.

Avery and I have finished our makeup and are now choosing an outfit, "short skirt or a dress?" she asks.

"I think the dress" I say, "now me, shall I wear this or a long dress?" I show her the outfit I'm wearing while I'm holding a dress.

"Definitely the outfit you're wearing right now!".

"Alright alright"

We talked a little more when it was time to get this party started.