Walking in the cold November rain

My brother Steven had invited me to join him and his band on tour this year and I had nothing better to do, so I said yes... I was on a tour bus with five guys: Axl Rose, Slash, Duff McKagan, Steven Adler (my brother) and Izzy Stradlin. I didn't feel in place at all as the only woman on the bus.

Axl left me to my own devices half of the time because he was sharing saliva with another woman, which suited me down to the ground. Slash shared a conversation with me very few times but when he did. we had some very deep and philosophical conversations. Duff, well. Duff tried and failed miserably to flirt with me, especially because I'm Steven's little sister. I guess he's somewhat attractive but there's someone I am far more keen on... Izzy. Izzy and I shared a lot of common interests so we spoke the most, usually over a cigarette and a glass of whisky.

[FB to meeting everyone]

I stepped into the bus, standing behind Steven as he greeted his bandmates.
"Good to see you Axl, you too Slash, Duff!!! my man!! Aah, great to see you Iz. Don't look so pleased next time... Well. Boys. I have someone to introduce to you all, my sister!!" Steven chirped enthusiastically, patting me on the shoulder.

I stood forward, looking at each of the men carefully, gauging which would be the easiest to talk with. "It's really nice to meet you all, I'm Y/N, Y/N Adler. Steven asked me to join him on tour and I was bored so, here I am! I want to get to know you all more because Steve speaks so highly of you guys so you must be great." I greeted them all, smiling softly.

"Well, it's nice to meet you, Y/N, I'm Axl, Axl Rose!" Axl replied, hugging me as if he'd known me for years.
"Yeah, lovely to meet you Y/N, I'm Slash," Slash added, shaking my hand.
"It's great to meet ya, doll, I'm Duff." He too added, gripping me in a crushing hug.
"Hi Y/N, I'm Izzy, Izzy Stradlin. Nice to meet you." He finished courteously, shaking my hand and pulling me into a soft hug.

I pulled Steven to one side and whispered to him, quietly enough that the rest of the guys couldn't hear me. "Stevie, I'm going to be totally honest with you, right here, right now, I'm not going to lie, Izzy is really cute," I said, a red hue creeping onto my cheeks... Steven just tutted, shaking his head in response and looked at me disapprovingly. I brushed him off and diverted my attention back to the rest of the band, who were deep in conversation. All but Izzy, who was intently looking out of the window of the bus, taking long drags from his cigarette every so often. 

I glided over to him and perched beside him,  butterflies swarming vigorously in my stomach.
"Hey, Y/N, how are you? I hope none of the guys were too overbearing... I know Axl can be a bit much sometimes so, as long as you're all good with the guys, we're all good." Izzy began, putting his cigarette butt in a nearby ashtray. I nodded and smiled in response,  my nerves tying and tangling themselves into bundles of knots. 

"Yeah, they all seem like good guys, especially you and Duff. Don't tell Slash or Axl!" I laughed, watching Izzy's facial expressions tentatively. The way he laughed and smiled made my heart do a somersault in my chest, the way he twirled a strand of his long black hair in his fingers made my cheeks burn. I couldn't remember the last time a crush had this sort of effect on me, but I wasn't complaining. Izzy and I continued to talk for a little while as the rest of the band, namely Slash and Duff caught up with Steven, and Axl just did whatever Axl did...

[BACK IN THE PRESENT MOMENT]

I hoisted myself out of the seat next to Izzy and grabbed my coat from the hook by the door. 
"I'm going out to buy some drinks, does anyone want anything in particular?" I queried, scanning the room for a response. Nobody replied but Steven piped up from a bean bag,
"No, but I want you to take Izzy with you, that means you're safe and it gets Iz out and about for a few minutes." I nodded in response, looking over at Izzy, who was already by my side.

We walked out of the bus, Izzy sorting his motorcycle out. 
"Hey, uhm, just hold on and you should be fine... That's only if you're cool about riding, we can walk if you want?" Izzy stammered, presenting me with a helmet. I pulled it onto my head, in hopes that it would somehow mask the deep scarlet of my cheeks. I saddled up behind Izzy, winding my arms around his waist. I felt his entire body tense up as I did this, making me flush a deeper colour.

"You okay up there Iz?" I asked, trying to make this as least embarrassing as possible. 
"Y-Yep. All good, are you holding on tight?" He replied, giving my hands a reassuring pat. I hummed in response as we set off into the sunny streets of California looking for a suitable liquor store. In the end, we found one that was open and we picked up a few bottles of vodka and a few bottles of Jack. I handed my ID and my cash over to the clerk and he did a quick check, handed me my ID, then the bottles and we were on our way. Before we got back on the bike, Izzy turned to face me, the past week had already flown by and my feelings for him hadn't grown any weaker, in fact, they'd gotten stronger, and he looked at me for a while without saying a word, his eyes resting on my face as we stood in utter silence.

Without much warning, the heavens opened, cold November rain drenching us both from head to toe. Both Izzy and I burst out laughing, the water making us both look like drowned rats but we didn't quite care. 
"You know, N/N, I think I might just be in love with you. Call me crazy but it is true, I am so head over heels in love with you." He laughed, looking me dead in the eye, water droplets falling from each of the strands of hair that weren't stuck to his face. I was somewhat taken aback by his brash statement but to be frank, I wasn't going to complain about it.

"Fuck it, you know what Iz? I'm in love with you too and I am not afraid to admit it. I have loved you since the day I met you but then again, who couldn't?" I replied, closing the distance between us. Izzy cupped my rain-soaked face in his rough hands, pressing a sweet but soft kiss onto my lips, which made my stomach flip. I kissed him back, and all reservations that I might have once had melted away into the downpour and it was just Izzy and I in that moment, just the two of us surrounded by the cold November rain...

[A/N: Part 2? I'm not sure just yet but I know I like the concept for this one...]