"Shut up. Don't act like my brother."

"Of course. I am your brother, Aliyah Martinez!"

I laughed at them. But she is really hurt. I am not gonna leave you, Duke. You crossed enough of your limits by hurting my best friend. Adrian arrived at the hall and after he found me, his eyes fell on the glass of alcohol, I was holding and he shook his head. You have so much to explain tonight, Adrian Martinez. I lifted the glass and took a sip. It tasted sour, bitter, and sweet simultaneously. While he was walking towards me, another man walked to me and interrupted his vision.

"Miss Jazmine Garcia!" He took a seat on the empty chair beside me. Adrian intermittently glanced at me and him. Fortunately, Adrian was stopped by someone.

"Huh!" I glanced quite surprised at the man who spelled out my name. "How come a beautiful girl like you has no company?"

Cheezy line!

"Do I know you?"

"I am David Dalton. Manager of Dalton Industries." He introduced. 

"I..." Oh! I got the mail of interview invitation from him. "Pardon me, I hadn't recognized you."

He smiled beautifully and added, "I always think highly of myself and assumed that you might have scanned my profile picture."

I just smiled.

He glanced at the drink I was holding, "Porn star Martini, a nice choice."

"My friend suggested this." I glanced at Adrian and still he was busy speaking with his company but his gaze was now and then drawing towards me

He kept on staring at me which began to make me uncomfortable.

"Is there something on my face?"

"Oh, no." He laughed and said, "Sorry to make you uncomfortable. It's just your face, I couldn't stop admiring you."

David was in his mid-twenties. Had dark blue eyes, brown hair, and a cleanly shaved face. He was purely a man of flirt and charm the girls with his smile.

"Don't mistake me that I am flirting with you...but Miss Garcia you are so beautiful."

Adrian approached us and ordered a glass of water for the bartender.

"Mr. Martinez!" David offered his hand to him. "I am glad to meet you."

He accepted his hand. "Me too, Mr. Dalton!" Adrian's eyes gave once-over to me. "Seems like you are quite acquainted with Miss Garcia!"

"It's because she is gonna work as an architect in our company."

Adrian snapped his head at me and I mentally cured David. I bite my lip and glance at everywhere but Adrian.

"I will take my leave," he announced then stared at me and added, "Let's meet on Friday."

Holy shit! This man just proved to be another disaster. 

Oh! The way Adrian's eyes turned ice cold, my heart skipped its beat. David excused and disappeared from there.

"Adrian!"

"Follow me!" That was all he commanded and walked behind the staircase then escaped from a door. It led to the backyard garden, where there was not even a fly to interrupt her. I stopped once he halted his footsteps and whirled around, darting me with his blazing eyes.

"What am I hearing Jazmine?" Adrian demanded. 

"Adrian, I wanted to tell you but..."

"I am not referring to you informing me. I mean how could you decide to leave Martinez Constructions and join Dalton's without my permission." He demanded, looming over me.