Chapter 1

Note: in this story the y/n character is non-binary, just replace with your preferred pronouns ! also y/n is 19 years old but idk if you really want to you can change that i'm just not into illegal 😍
——————————————————————————

"Hey, Y/N, are you coming?" Mrs. Pines called out to me from the car.

"Yeah, I'll be right out Mrs. Pines! I'm just helping Mabel with her suitcase!" I called back.

I was a family friend of the Pines and had been for quite some time now, and despite being older than the twins I bonded with them fairly easily. 2 years back, I was asked to go with them on their summer trip to Gravity Falls to watch over the kids. There, I quickly became friends with their great uncle Stan, as well as Wendy and Soos, the two employees at Stan's tourist attraction "The Mystery Shack". This year, which would be my 3rd year going, their parents gave me the option to stay behind, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to catch up with everyone, especially Ford, their other great uncle, and Wendy. Ford never spoke to me much, but seeing his weird contraptions was always interesting.

"Are you kids ready?" Mr. Pines asked, watching us all get on the bus.

"Of course we are!" Mabel said happily, before joining me and Dipper in the back of the completely empty bus.

She was wearing a bright pink sweater with a shooting star on it, something I've seen her wear a lot. She had finally gotten her braces off and her hair grew out a lot, going down to behind her knees. She was shorter than Dipper now, which wasn't the case when they were younger. She was around 5'4, which wasn't bad, but compared to me being 5'9 she seemed pretty small.

Dipper on the other hand was just about my height, maybe slightly taller. He had on his classic pine tree hat, which I learned he had gotten his first day in Gravity Falls. He had fluffy brown hair that wasn't an unruly amount of long, but it wasn't short either. He was still the anxious and shy kid I always knew, but he had somehow gotten even smarter.

My thoughts were cut short by the realisation that.. I SPENT THE ENTIRE BUS RIDE THINKING?!

"WE'RE ALREADY HERE?!?!" I said, alarmed.

"Uh, yeah! We kept trying to wake you up but you were like, full zombie." Mabel laughed.

"Yeah, I was getting worried but you seemed alright so I didn't bother you." Dipper shrugged.

"Jeez, I'm sorry. I guess I had a lot on my mind." I blushed gently.

I helped the twins with their luggage and walked over to the Mystery Shack, "Grunkle" Stan's best work. It was a tourist trap full of fake attractions and scams, but it was fun in its own way. Although the part that really intrigued me was Ford's secret lab under the shack, something I had never seen but had heard of from Dipper and Mabel. Even though I'd spent 2 summers there already, Ford still seemed wary of me, but I didn't mind. At least, I pretended not to.

"Grunkle Stan! Grunkle Ford!" Mabel and Dipper shouted, running to hug their great uncles.

"I missed you kids! I hope you're not too old for breaking the law." Stan winked at them.

The kids laughed and headed in with Stan, leaving me to get all their luggage inside. I sighed and chuckled to myself before hearing a footstep behind me. I spun around and nearly punched the person behind me before realising it was Ford.

"Shit, I'm sorry. I didn't know it was you." I apologised, blushing as I tried to frantically explain.

"It's fine. I was just going to ask if you needed help with their things." He sighed.